the one with the stoned guy

third person pov

"hey you guys! chandler's coming and he says he has, like this incredible news, so when he gets here, we could all act like, you know..." phoebe explains after running into the coffee house. everyone but chandler sat lazily around their usual table. 

"hey!" chandler says, walking inside. 

"hey." everyone replies and phoebe looks down at everyone. 

"never mind. but it was going to be really good." she laughs, sitting on the couch. gianna sat up in the arm chair as chandler approached. 

"what's going on?" she asks, letting him sit on the arm of her chair. 

"so, it's a typical day at work. i'm inputting numbers, and big al calls me into his office and tells me he wants to make me processing supervisor." chandler smiles and everyone exclaims in excitement. 

"that's great!" 

"so..." chandler looks across everyone "...i quit." gianna frowns up at him before looking over at everyone else confused. 

"why?" 

"why? this was supposed to be a temp job!" he replies, dragging a hand through his hair. 

"yeah, chandler...you've been there for five years." monica adds, offering her input. 

"if i took this promotion, it'd be like admitting that this is what i actually do." chandler continues in defeat. 

"so was it a lot more money?" phoebe asks and chandler shrugs. 

"it doesn't matter. i just don't want to be one of those guys that's in his office until twelve o'clock at night worrying about the wenus." he argues and everyone looks at him even more confused. 

"...the wenus?" rachel questions, an eyebrow raised. 

"weekly estimated net usage systems. a processing term." chandler replies and gianna nods. 

"oh, that wenus." gianna mutters sarcastically. 

"so what're you going to do?" joey asks. 

"i don't know. that's the thing. i don't know what i want to do. i just know i'm not going to figure it out working there." chandler responds, clearly defeated. 

"oooh!" phoebe exclaims, sitting up beside monica. "i have something you can do! i have this new massage client...steve?" she pauses. "anyway, he's opening up a restaurant and he's looking for a head chef!" phoebe gestures towards chandler. behind her, monica taps her on the shoulder. 

"um...hi there."  monica smiles. 

"hi!" phoebe smiles before turning back to chandler. "oh, yeah, no, i know. you're a chef, and i thought of you first, but um, chandler's the one who needs a job right now, so..." phoebe replies, turning back to chandler. 

"yeah...i just don't have that much cheffing experience. unless it's an all-toast restaurant." chandler jokes, earning a cheeky grin from gianna. monica taps phoebe on the shoulder again. 

"yeah, yeah!" 

"well, what kind of food is he looking for?" monica asks and phoebe shrugs. 

"well, he wants to do something eclectic, so he's looking for someone who can, you know, create the entire menu." phoebe explains and monica looks towards chandler and gianna excited. 

"oh my god!" 

"i know!" phoebe smiles before turning back to chandler. "so, what do you think?" chandler looks down at gianna and sighs before addressing phoebe.