𝗦𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗘

"And physical appearance isn't supposed to define a person's heart

"And physical appearance isn't supposed to define a person's heart. Yet it seems that a person who cannot smile beautifully isn't worthy of being a protagonist. Is good partial to those who looks beautiful? It's like saying Quasimodo was born to be evil and the story of Beauty and the Beast is a farce." Mia said with furrowed brows.

All eyes were on Mia after she said that. Professor Anemone was speechless. She didn't know what to say. She, herself, hated teaching beautification and would rather teach history and she couldn't say she disagrees with Mia.

"Why don't you smile for us, Mia?" the professor asked. Mia felt how uncomfortable the professor is towards the topic. She kind of feel bad for putting her in that situation so she complied.

She first took a deep breath and thought about her friends. This elicits a bright and genuine smile from her. Agatha, Professor Anemone and everyone in that room will not forget what happened. Just like Beatrix, golden flecks floated above Mia. It did form a bigger star until it swirled into an orb. a few seconds later, it exploded like a firework and scattered all over the room, giving everyone a sense of warmth. It felt like a hug, a warm soothing hug after a very tiring day given by someone you love.

"Magnificent. No one had ever done that before." Professor Anemone breathed out.

Mia sighted. This isn't the point she wanted to make.

Mia was snatched away from Agatha by three whining boys who feel as if it has been too long since they last saw her. Mia tried to usher Agatha to join them but Agatha politely declined. She wanted to wait for Sophie.

"Mia!" Tedros greeted happily after seeing the blond girl being dragged by her best friends.

"Hello to you too, Tedros. So, did my friends give you a hard time? Tell me so I could straighten them out." Mia said, throwing a playful glare at her friends.

"Hey! We've been good. Right Tedros?" Jamie said, highly offended by his best friend's expectation.

"They've been good. Don't worry." Tedros reassured her.

"Well that's a relief. Hey Evs, is this tulle skirt too much or does it look good on me?" Mia said. She stood up and spun once to show Evan her skirt.

"You look good either way, Mia. But leather is better." Evan answered honestly.

"Yup. Definitely better." CJ answered with a bit of annoyance but his attention wasn't on them. It was towards the table where Agatha is sitting on with a boy.

"Someone's jealous." Mia whispered.

"Yeah. Just turn that jealousy into energy later on the tourney fields." Jamie agreed.

"What's tourney?" Tedros asked.

"Tourney you know. Its our favorite sport where we...Wait...are you telling me there's no tourney?" Jamie gasped dramatically. Tedros only looked at him with a questioning gaze.