"Oh yeah, I forgot you lived in Australia. Is Brisbane near the water?" Heeseung asked, recalling the city that the younger had mentioned living in on a variety show. 

"Yeah, a river runs straight through the city. I used to go swimming all the time" Jake smiled and looked down, recalling the memories of his childhood.

Heeseung smiled fondly at the younger. "Oh yeah? Does that mean you're a good swimmer?"

Jake looked back up with a glint of competitiveness in his eyes. "Of course! I used to swim faster than all the guys on the swim team in high school. Wanna race??" 

The older smirked in amusement at the younger's competitiveness. "Sure. Don't be too disappointed when you lose though."

The two boys lined up at one end of the pool, each with one foot against the wall ready to push off. "Ready... START!!" Jake yelled. 

The two immediately began to freestyle across the pool, splashing the water loudly. Jake was so focused on his form and breathing that he didn't care to look if Heeseung was beating him or not. When he reached the end, the younger touched the wall and immediately resurfaced from the water, taking a huge breath and smiling triumphantly as he realized he was the first to reach the other side.

"LET'S GAURRR!! I told you I was a good-"

Jake stopped mid-sentence and looked around in confusion. 

"Hyung..?" he called. Heeseung was nowhere to be seen. 

The younger stood frozen for a moment. Did he go inside?

Jake hesitated for a second before slowly beginning to make his way out of the pool to check if the older had gone in first. However, he stopped abruptly in the middle of the pool after feeling the water splash softly beside him. Before he could fully turn around, Jake was suddenly tackled at full force, causing a yelp to escape from his throat and echo through the night air. 

It all happened so fast. His entire body was submerged underwater before he felt the unknown force release him. Jake burst back up through the surface and gasped for air, thrashing his arms in alarm as he turned around to meet a laughing Heeseung.

"HYUNG!! DON'T DO THAT!!! I THOUGHT YOU WENT INSIDE!!!" the younger sputtered, clearly rattled from the whole experience.

Heeseung smiled and scratched the back of his hair guiltily. "Sorry love, I didn't think you would get that scared-"

"I WAS SCARED SH!TLESS!! AND NOW I'M FREEZING TOO!!!" Jake snapped, a large pout taking over his face as he crossed his arms. 

Heeseung laughed again in amusement at the younger's reaction before slowly grabbing one of his arms and pulling him into a hug. "I'm sorry, love. Please don't be mad at me" he said, stroking Jake's hair and kissing the younger's forehead softly.

Jake blushed slightly as his muscles relaxed a bit. Despite how rattled he was and how fast his heart was still beating, he couldn't stay mad at the older, especially with how warm and comfortable Heeseung's embrace was. The younger wrapped his arms around the older's back and let himself melt into the hug. 

They stayed like this for a couple moments before the night started to get colder and a cool breeze blew through their bodies. Jake shivered, causing Heeseung to briefly pull away from the younger.

"Wanna go inside now?" he asked and Jake nodded, teeth beginning to chatter.

They both waded back to the other side of the pool, ready to head inside. But as soon as they both got out of the water, Jake had an idea. The younger looked at Heeseung mischievously, the older unaware as he shook water droplets from his hair. Then, without warning, Jake shoved Heeseung, catching the older completely off guard and sending him back into the freezing water with a huge splash and yelp of alarm.

"PAYBACK!!" the younger smiled cheekily.

Heeseung resurfaced and used his hand to slick the water off his face, his mouth dropped in an 'o' shape as he blinked at the younger in disbelief.

"Sim Jaeyun, you are so dead to me" he said, locking his eyes on his target. They stared at each other for a split second before Heeseung suddenly charged out of the water towards Jake. 

The younger shrieked and laughed playfully as he dashed into the house, the older following close behind. He ran towards the living room, glancing over his shoulder to try and get a peek at Heeseung, but accidentally tripped over one of the game controllers plugged into the TV, crashing into the floor.

By the time Jake had turned around, the older was already crouched on top of him, both hands placed at either side of the younger's head on the carpet. 

"Gotcha" Heeseung said, smiling and panting heavily as Jake laughed breathily in response. They stared at each other fondly for a moment as they caught their breath before realizing the position they were in. 

The smile on Jake's face slowly disappeared and was replaced by a blush, lips slightly parted as his large puppy-like eyes flickered back and forth between Heeseung's gaze. 

Noticing this, Heeseung's lips also slightly parted as his own face slowly began to grow more serious. The older paused for a moment, staring at Jake's dimly lit features before his eyes traveled down to the younger's soft, pink lips. 

"Have you ever kissed someone before, Jaeyun-ah?"

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

a/n:

quite possibly the best chapter so far FJSKDF

#2 in heejake and 4k reads in the same week!! thank you all so so much, i couldn't do it without your support 

the last line... Lee Heeseung?!?!

*ੈ✩‧₊˚