"Cormac," she acknowledged, making sure he saw as she wiped the back of her hand on her skirt. He rose, towering above her. He was not as tall as Azriel or Cassian, but still he looked down at her.

"You're utterly beautiful, a complete change of when we were so young," he murmured, shameless eyes resting on her covered breasts. Aurora crossed her arms, squinting up at him.

"Well, I was a child. You were thirty-five, isn't that right?" She asked, voice as harsh and cold as the ice that decorated the estate they stood in.

"You were eighteen when we were wed, as much of a woman as you are now. You had your bleeding, you were ready," Cormac responded, nearly matching her tone. Aurora scoffed, hands falling to her sides.

"Ready? Was I ready when you forced yourself into me, taking my maidenhood when you bound my hands? Was I ready when you screamed at me for not bearing you a child when I was a child myself?" Aurora boomed in the large room. Her voice echoed along the stones. Kallias prepared himself to stand, but Viviane placed a hand on his.

"Your father promised you to me, you were my wife. I had the right to put a child in you, bastard or not. You knew your place, but you were a hard headed bitch that decided to spy on soldiers and wield a sword. Who did you think you'd be protected from behind that blade? A blade you could hardly lift?" Cormac teased, his tongue running along the inside of his cheek as he grinned down at her.

"You! Don't you think that as your wife, I shouldn't have had hands on me? You were meant to protect me, but instead you beat me every night after forcing yourself into me. I began learning to use that blade to sight against my brother, and I continued to learn to fight against you," Aurora snapped. Cormac's nostrils flared, but he tilted his head down with a sickening smile.

"You were weak, Aurora. You couldn't fight me if you trained with those soldiers. And now look at you, big and brave with those males behind you?" He inhaled, eyes closing as he lifted his head. When his eyes opened, they landed on Azriel. Aurora looked over her shoulder at him, his arm in Cassian's grip. Shadows rose above him as a wall of night, a threat. "You have a mate," Cormac muttered, darkness settling in his light eyes.

"I do," Aurora responded. His eyes returned to her.

"A female afraid of the dark mated to a Shadowsinger. The Mother can pull jokes, can't she? How does that work for you, Aurora? Afraid of him?"

"No." She responded, voiced laced with the same darkness that surrounded her mate. Cormac grinned again, tongue sliding across his teeth as he stepped forward.

"You belonged to me first. I have that claim," he spat. Aurora grinned this time.

"My mate has other thoughts on that. I belong to no one." Cormac inhaled again, squinting at her.

"Burned flesh? What have you been up to, dear Aurora?" She hesitated, glancing over her shoulder at her High Lord.

"Announce it. Tell everyone what you've done, make them fear you."

Rhys's words in her mind was enough to make her lift her head. Aurora glanced between Kallias and Cormac.

"My visit with my brother was cut short. He is nothing but ash on the floor of that cell. I boiled him from the inside until he became fire," Aurora spoke loudly, ending her words with a sweet smile at Cormac. He whipped his head to Kallias.

"Aldric was going to die anyway. I'm glad his fate was in your hands, you deserved the revenge," Kallias spoke, giving Aurora a nod. Cormac scoffed.

"This bitch just murdered a male of your Court. You allow her still stand here?"

Kallias rose from his throne, Vivane's hand falling from his.

"Aldric helped in the captivity of Aurora, and when he learned of her escape, planned to abuse her. He planned to send her back into the hands of sick males. He deserved death for the violence against her. Oberon is passed, he cannot be held accountable any longer. You, however, still stand here. From what I've heard in this conversation, you assisted in the abuse on Aurora. You forced yourself upon a female, beat her, and you laughed in her face when confronted. Cormac, I wish I had known this before anointing you general. Now, I have to find a new replacement. Guards, bring him to the cells. Make sure it's the same one his counterpart's remains sit in."

Cormac unleashed himself as two guards stepped towards him. "What? No! She just fucking killed someone! You fucking bitch, I knew you'd pull something like this," he shouted, reaching for his sword as he stepped forward. Aurora didn't flinch, she felt as Azriel materialized in the shadows behind her. Not in front of her, he knew she could protect herself, but with the fresh mating bond, he couldn't help himself but be beside her when threats were made.

"Aurora, do you want to end him right now? He's getting on my nerves," Kallias asked, still standing in front of his throne. Aurora looked at Cormac, whose arms were now being held back by two guards as another took his weapons. She'd enjoy to watch him burn beneath her, but she decided on a better fate.

"Let him rot, just as I did. Leave him to the hell of time," Aurora spoke, not moving her eyes from the male.

"Well, so be it. Guards, bring him to the cell and leave him in the remains of Aldric," Kallias ordered. They both gave a sound of agreement as they dragged Cormac towards the doors.

His screaming ceased as the massive doors shut behind them. Aurora let out a heavy breath, feeling her shoulders drop lightly.

"Well done, Aurora," Azriel whispered as he placed a hand on the small of her back. She leaned into the touch a moment before straightening and turning to Rhysand and Kallias.

"Alright, now that that is finished, how about we all wash up and have supper? We have rooms ready for everyone," Viviane smiled as she stood. Everyone turned to Rhys, not having been under the impression that they were staying. He, too, looked confused.

"It's getting late and it has been a horribly long day. Please, join us for supper. Mor has her usual room, Cassian has his own guest room, as well as you, Rhysand, and the couple," Kallias spoke, taking Viviane's hand as they went down the steps below their thrones. Rhys cleared his throat, glancing over at the rest of them.

"Uh, yeah, dinner will be fine. We can winnow home, however. We don't need to take up extra rooms," he said to the two that now stood in front of him.

"Oh, don't be ridiculous. We've had rooms ready since this morning. Please, follow Adaine to your rooms to wash up. Supper will be ready in an hour. Aurora, there is a gown placed on the bed for you now that yours is soiled with death," Viviane explained, grinning. Aurora gave her a strange look, then over to Rhys again.

"Alright then, everyone, let's go," Rhysand said, turning on his heel. In a cloud of confusion, the rest of them followed him. A female in a pale green gown and extremely dark hair led them out into the corridor and up the winding stairwell. Aurora sped up, placing a hand on Rhysand's shoulder.

"Why are we staying?" She asked quietly. Looking over his shoulder, Rhys gave her a exasperated look.

"As much as I don't want to, it's considered very rude to deny an offer like that from a High Lord, especially if they've prepared for us," he sighed. Aurora fell a step back, now walking with Mor as they climbed to the second floor.

The Whispers of Shadows - AzrielOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara