Then he cradled Maya closer, patting her hair. " Is she bothering you? Do you want me to get her out?" He asked.

       Maya immediately shook her head, hinting at her refusal.  She was scared if that if he orders her out, her reputation will worsen and it will prove that she indeed hides behind Dexter. She didn't want that to happen at all.

       " Can I ask something?" She muttered instead, looking up at him.

       " What is it?"

      " If she gets out of hand, can I take care of her?"

       He held her hands then. " Of course you can."

        Maya felt relief at his words. " Thanks." She muttered, smiling at him. Then placed her head on his chest.

       " I missed you." She muttered against his chest, her hands going around his waist.

       " I know." He muttered. "That's why I came to see you." Maya looked up at him, flashing a smile.

       " You still look pale. Did you eat?" He asked, stroking her hair.

       Slowly, she shook her head. " I couldn't stomach a lot of food this morning." She admitted sheepishly.

      Dexter pursed his lips as his gaze turned serious once again. " I cannot have you fainting on me." He murmured under his breath.

      She chuckled hearing those words, sighing softly afterwards. He turned around. "Where are your handmaids—Guards!" He bellowed out, his loud voice resounding in the room. It didn't take long for the door to burst open, a guard rushing in. He bowed immediately.

       " Get some food for the queen." He ordered.

       " Yes, your majesty!" The guard replied before hurrying back outside. The room fell silent once again.

        " What if I still don't eat?" She asked, slightly worried.

       " Don't worry, I'll feed you."he said, a side of his lips curling upwards as he stared down at her.

      She smiled as an image of him feeding her filled her head, causing her heart to flutter. She indeed is lucky meeting someone like him. What would happen if she lost him? Dread filled her at the thought and her arms gripped him possessively.  She couldn't let it happen. Never. No one will Dexter away from her. Not on her watch.
.
.
.
      Fleurie was already making prepations of her plans. She had called on the Hegar, the royal accountant, inviting him to her room.

     " You called on me, your highness." He said in a respectful tone.

      " I hear you're teaching the queen how to manage the castle, are you not?" She asked, taking a sip of her tea.

       " Yes, I am. " He replied, nodding.

       " And I hear she's been struggling in that aspect."

      Hegar hesitated a while, choosing hsu words correctly. " She's been improving, your highness, I'm sure that as time goes on, she'll get used to it."

       Fleurie's lips twitched. " Don't make it easy for her. Fail everything she does. Let us see how incompetent she really is."

       Hegar stared at Fleurie, a puzzled look on his face. " Excuse me?!"

        " You heard what I said. I will not be repeating myself. Give her the most complicated records you can gather and make sure she makes mistakes. If you can do it, there would be a reward for you. If you fail, there would be an equal punishment." Fleurie stated.

         Hegar shifted on his seat. He didn't have the heart to go against the king but thanks to her father's influence, Fleurie was just as powerful as well. If she stated there would be a punishment, there sure will.

       " I will do my best." He murmured, his voice low.

         " Good, I will be expecting your results. You're dismissed." She muttered, motioning for him to leave. Hegar stood up and bowed his head, walking out of the room.

        A small smile hit her lips once she was alone. This was just the beginning. There's a lot on the way. All that is left is for Maya to fall into the carefully elaborated plan.

      This time, there would be no escape.

   Maya Herald....

    Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment! See you in the next chapter!!! 🙈🙈🙈🙈