𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓥𝓘𝓘

Start from the beginning

" Calm down, beautiful". I said, addressing her by a playful nickname." It's just a training session, and we have no choice. Come on, Bertholdt ! Enough wasted time".

Bertholdt nodded nervously, a bead of sweat rolling down his temple as he looked at Mikasa, Ymir and Annie, glaring daggers through him. I really wonder why they all look so angry at him ?

He then took a fighting stance. We locked eyes for a moment, both of us mentally preparing for the clash that was about to unfold. In an instant, Bertholdt charged toward me, brandishing a fake knife in his hand.

Reacting swiftly, I dodged his lunge at the last possible moment, causing him to stumble forward. Seizing the opportunity, I swiftly delivered a well-placed kick to his ankles, causing him to lose his balance and fall to the ground.

I could see the surprise on Bertholdt's face as he lay there momentarily stunned. With a smirk on my face, I pressed my advantage, slamming his arms down onto the floor and disarming him, seizing the fake knife for myself.

" You've lost". I stated, extending my hand to help him up, a gesture of respect and camaraderie. 

" Y-yeah... That was incredible, Stella !". Bertholdt exclaimed, a mix of admiration and slight embarrassment evident in his voice.

" Oh, no, don't overdo it". I replied, feeling a touch of bashfulness." You're also very talented, Bertholdt".

Before Bertholdt could respond, our attention was drawn to a commotion nearby. We turned to see Reiner on the ground, defeated in his match. It was a surprising turn of events, and I couldn't help but mutter under my breath," Huh ? Rey lost ?".

Reiner then stepped forward to hand the fake knife to Eren, who seemed hesitant to accept it.

" What's wrong ?". Reiner asked him.

" I just don't see the point of training like this. It's not like soldiers fight other humans. Plus, only a fool would go bare-handed against an armed opponent". Eren told him, frustration tainting his words.

Reiner furrowed his brows, contemplating Eren's statement," That's irresponsible thinking. We're soldiers. There are times we can't back down, no matter how hopeless the situation. We can't always be sure who or what we're up against, so we master artillery and hand-to-hand combat too. That's our responsibility as soldiers. Would ya look at that ?". Reiner responded, pointing ahead.

Bertholdt and I turned to see what he was talking about, and we saw Annie walking quietly, avoiding the attention of others. Well, that's typical Annie.

" Oh, it's Annie. The officers never notice her sneaking off like that". Eren remarked, observing her nonchalant behavior.

Reiner grinned mischievously," Hey, Eren. Let's teach that slacker a lesson. We'll show her how true soldiers ought to behave".

" Bertholdt... We'd better stop him; it'll just piss Annie off". I murmured, concern lacing my words.

" No, leave them. They can learn from their mistakes". Bertholdt replied with a shrug.

Well... Nice knowing you, Reiner and Eren. I appreciated you. I thought, a mix of admiration and worry surging within me as I watched them approach Annie.

Reiner walked with determination towards Annie, who looked at him curiously, clearly taken aback by his approach.

" You looking for a headbutt from the instructor ? If you don't wanna get any shorter, I suggest you recall your first day here and get serious". Reiner told her with a smirk, trying to convey his point.

" What are you talking about ?". Eren inquired as he approached them. 

However, his words were cut short when he saw Annie's angry expression, the brewing storm in her eyes.