ariya sharma

ON THE 12TH HOUR of the first day of October 1989, 16 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. 

One of which was Ariya Sharma.

Leading back to her story, 

She was born in Mumbai, India. To Raj and Suma Sharma, who had an older sister named Amaya who was older by two years. 

During her unexpected birth happened when their parents were at a cricket match. 

The birth was so unexpected and fast, that there were no medical faculties, leading to Mrs Sharma losing her life.

Also leading to the whole family not accepting her or understanding her.

It was only her father's mother who truly loved her other than Amaya, of course.

Her family moved to Bangalore, after living in Mumbai for eight years. Which brought profit to their business.

She was shipped off to the United States after she turned eighteen, By which she got her business degree.

It was no doubt that Ariya was from a rich family, and they made sure both the daughters got the education that they deserved. She had a good life, it was a comfortable life, she never complained about that. But what she truly wanted and never got to have was her fathers love. 

She wanted her father to say how proud he was of her, like he told Amaya everytime.

She wanted to be loved by her family.

But the love she was deprived of compensated somehow by her sister, and Ben.

Meeting Ben Hargreeves, was definitely Ariya's best and worst day of her life.

She almost died, and met the love of her life.

But if she didn't meet Ben Hargreeves, she probably wouldn't have a near death experience... 

2009

The twenty year old Ariya Sharma walked the street on a weekend. But like you'd expect, for a person in America to walk around with coffee and drop it because they are most likely in a hurry, Ariya held no such drinks on that day.

But Ariya was in a hurry, she was supposed to pick her sister up, from the airport, because she was moving in with her.

After begging for two years, their father sent Maya to lead the American branch of their Business, which also meant she could live with her sister again.

Her hands were in her jacket pockets as she wandered around the city, trying to find pillows for sister.

Surprisingly she couldn't find stores which sold sleepwear.

She wished she could locate things easier than looking at maps on papers. (iykyk ;) mobile phones be like???)

Which was when she saw a guy around her age, looking pissed.

"Why is he talking to himself?" she mumbled to herself but decided to ignore him.

But she couldn't because, he just stepped into the road, without looking, and it was at right light.

Making her speed towards the mystery guy and push him out of the road, and also nearly dying because of her rusty running skills she shouted at the boy "are you out of your freaking mind?"  in her half Indian- American accent, she continued, "you could have gotten killed!"

"What makes you think I wouldn't save myself?" the boy shouted, even though knowing very well that he couldn't have saved himself, and that he would have died. But his ego being thicker than his skull, he countered back with random crap.

Ariya rolled her eyes, "how do you suggest you could run away from that car?"

"How did you run from that car?" he asked when he realise no human could run that fast.

Ariya didn't answer, not liking the idea of being called weird and getting bullied about it, "I-"

"Are one of th- us aren't you?" he asked.

Ariya didn't understand, "what us? are you an Alien?" she whispered sarcastically.

The boy shook his head, "you know what I mean. You were born in October first weren't you?" he asked her.

"Oh, you mean that... what powers do you have?" she asked as she kept walking ahead, the boy following her.

"Why would I tell you? I don't know you." 

Ariya never wanted to punch someone using her powers so bad, "well, you know mine. Tell me what you ca-" but before she could ask him, she stopped herself, "you're the umbrella children aren't you?" she asked.

"Why yes, heard of me?" he smirked.

Ariya laughed, "nope. never, just saw your face there." she laughed, "oh so, you're like Ursula!" she laughed when she saw a picture of the boy with his siblings in one of the billboards, where Ben was flexing his tenties.

"Nice tenties bro." she laughed.

Instead of the reaction she expected, the boy actually laughed, "I'm Ben." he stated confidently.

"Sharma, Ariya Sharma. Naam toh suna hoga." (must have heard the name) she joked.

Ben didn't get it.

Making Ariya laugh even more, "Aw man." she wheezed, "that line would have killed in India."

"So, where are you from?" Ben asked.

-x-

-x-

hellloooooo
how are you guys?

in honour of them shooting season four, here's a bonus chapter for y'all!

this was where you could get some background on ariya's life

this book will continue after s4 comes out
dw, i gotchu guys hehe

i love you all so much
thanks for reading

and, ps;
if y'all are og readers,
i changed the cast photos, check it out
if you want to

:)