twenty four

2006

"I WISH I had your powers." Ben winced as Riya cleaned his wound.

"Yeah, then you would also have my adhd." she chuckled.

"You're adhd isn't that bad... you have it controlled." Ben reassured.

"Tell that to most of the conversations I zone out." Riya chuckled as she wrapped Ben's wound.

"How was your mission?" he asked.

"Not bad... boring. But okay." Riya nodded, "Here." she smiled as she successfully wrapped Ben's wound.

"Thanks... Dad would probably get mad at me for getting hurt for the most dumbest reasons." He sheepishly chuckled.

"Oh, what's wrong with chasing after a butterfly and falling down the staircase?" Riya teased.

"You're evil." Ben laughed as he grabbed her pillow and hit her.

"Oh it's on!" Riya screamed and it ended up with the messiest pillowfight.

-x-

After a good thirty minutes, the room was a mess, the pillows are ruined.

"Look what you did!" Riya screamed.

"Playing the blame game now are we!" Ben shouted.

"How old are you two!" they heard a voice from outside.

"Shit, dad... sorry, I'll clean it up in 3 seconds." Riya said and as promised the room was clean.

"I really want your powers." Ben laughed.

"Tell that to her adhd." Alastor laughed.

"That's what I told him!" Riya laughed.

"I should get going now... I have a mission tomorrow." Ben nodded a goodbye to Alastor and looked at his girlfriend.

"I'll walk you out." she smiled.

-x-

"Call me when your mission gets over okay?" she said leaning on the fire escape of Ben's room.

"I promise." Ben smiled.

"Love you." Riya said and kissed Ben.

"I love you too."

-x-

two days later.

"He's exhausted, he probably just got back." Marcus told Riya who was pacing.

"He always calls me after a mission! even if he's exhausted Marc" Riya sighed as she sat next to him.

"He's fine honey, trust me." Marcus put a hand on his sister's shoulder.

"I'm just-"

"Worried?" he asked and she nodded, "Let's go talk to dad... he'll know."he stood up and grabbed her hand.

-x-

"Something's wrong." Riya said as she was pacing again.

"I'm sure everything's fine."

"I'm going to the academy." She told her siblings.

-x-

Riya climbed into Ben's room, only to find it empty.

"Where is he?" Riya mumbled, as she made her way to Klaus' room.

"Hey." she smiled at Klaus when she opened his door.

"Have you seen Be-" Before Riya could complete her sentence Klaus ran to her and hugged her.

"What's wrong buddy?" she asked when she realised Klaus was crying on her shoulder.