Chapter 7 - A New Home

Torfa, Outskirts of Greater Magellanic Cloud - July 2024

Adriana stood frozen inside Yon-Rogg's ship as he slowly put the waterproof suit onto her. He was just kneeling down and helping to put her feet inside the suit and stood back up to help zip the front part of it close. He was so close that she could smell his scent and it made her heart beat faster. Yon-Rogg's eyes flicked up to hers as he pulled the zipper up, avoiding to look at her chest. The gesture warmed her heart somehow. She knew then that Yon-Rogg could be trusted. After all, he did say he had feelings for her and that he risked his life by not following Supreme Intelligence's orders to kill her. So he must have loved her so much. She wished she knew if she had feelings for him too. It would make everything easier. But she tried to search within her heart and mind whether she had feelings for him and she came up blank. She didn't even remember him except from when he shielded her in the ship from incoming missile.

"There. You're all set." Yon-Rogg said as he put on a helmet on Adriana's head.

"Push this to close the front part. You should still be able to breathe underwater. The helmet releases oxygen from the suit." Yon-Rogg said, lifting her hand up and directed it to the side of the helmet where there are buttons.

"Okay. Thanks." Adriana nodded, pulling her hand off from his. His touch on her made her feel somewhat uncomfortable. She could see a slight disappointment in Yon-Rogg's eyes as she pulled her hand from his, but he got over it quickly and he proceeded to put a waterproof suit on himself.

Yon-Rogg had explained to Adriana earlier that since the ship had tracking device on it, Supreme Intelligence must have known where they were. He must have presumed that Yon-Rogg brought her here to kill her. So in order to make Supreme Intelligence lose track of them, he was planning on faking an accident where it would seem he and Adriana had died on the accident, leaving them free to start over their lives away from Supreme Intelligence.

"Alright, take a seat Una. We're taking off shortly." Yon-Rogg said after putting his suit on. He went to sit on the cockpit, buckled himself up and started pushing some buttons.

Adriana took a seat behind him and put her seat belt on. Yon-Rogg pushed some more buttons and soon the ship started to take off. He steered it away from the mountain they were on while looking down on the surface of the planet, trying to find a spot where they could get off the ship. After a while he spotted green forest up ahead, right as they were passing a large body of water. Beyond the forest he could see some more mountains.

"Una. I think this is it." Yon-Rogg said, turning to look at Adriana and she nodded.

She took her seatbelt off and stood up. Yon-Rogg pushed some buttons and turned on the autopilot. He then unbuckled himself and stood up. He walked towards the door of the ship and pushed a button. Soon, the door of the ship was opened. Adriana looked down and saw nothing but water. The ship flew slowly over it towards the green forest.

"Ready?" Yon-Rogg asked, turning to look at her. She pushed the button by her helmet and the front part of her helmet was closed. She nodded and Yon-Rogg closed his helmet.

"On three." He said and took her hand. Adriana nodded.

"One.. two.. three.."

Adriana jumped and Yon-Rogg jumped next to her. She released her hand from his as they got nearer the water, stretching both hands in front of her as she prepared to dive head first into the water.

As her body hit the water, the cold shocked her. But she didn't stop as she continued to dive deeper into the water. She could see Yon-Rogg in front of her, his hand beckoning for her to follow him. They swam closer to the forest and finally went up to the surface once they could see the bottom of the water sloped upwards towards land.