Chapter 1 - The Attack

Hala, Capital of Kree Civilization - June 2024

Yon-Rogg entered the chamber in the Supreme Intelligence's Temple. He wondered what mission Supreme Intelligence was going to give him. He was preparing his elite Star Force to lead the first attack toward earth. It was enough of a head ache for him. He really didn't want additional tasks on his plate. But of course he couldn't reject the Supreme Intelligence's wishes.

The Supreme Intelligence might be just an Artificial Intelligence, but he embodied the Kree empire's greatest minds and was the only thing fit to rule the Kree empire. Yon-Rogg had thought. No normal Kree would be able to have knowledge and thinking abilities as complex and vast as the Supreme Intelligence. Something the Kree empire needed as they went across the universe and expand their empire.

He stepped in the middle of the chamber, right on the center of the hexagonal shape on the floor. The hexagonal shape turned blue and slowly streams of blue worm-like light came out of it. The worm-like light crawled up and connected to his fingers and to both his temples. He closed his eyes and when he opened it he found himself in an empty white room. A shapeless form started to appear in front of him and it slowly turned into the person he respected the most in his life, his former commander Zen-Pram.

"Yon-Rogg." The Supreme Intelligence in the form of Zen-Pram greeted him.

"Supreme Intelligence." Yon-Rogg bowed his head in respect.

"It seems I have an additional mission for you." Supreme Intelligence said.

"Very well." Yon-Rogg nodded.

Supreme Intelligence walked around Yon-Rogg as he explained the mission.

"There have been some interesting development in the universe. Do you remember the prophecy about an Inhuman that will defeat us and destroy Kree civilization?" Supreme Intelligence asked.

"The Midnight Knight?" Yon-Rogg asked.

"Yes." Supreme Intelligence said.

"Wasn't his existence successfully prevented? Aren't his parents dead?" Yon-Rogg asked, his brows furrowed.

"Indeed. He doesn't exist anymore in this universe. However, I have come across another prophecy. The prophecy said there will be a child born of an Inhuman and a Human Super Soldier that will have great power and ability to destroy us." Supreme Intelligence said, standing in front of Yon-Rogg and stared at him.

"I see. And you want me to kill this child's parents?" Yon-Rogg asked.

"Precisely." Supreme Intelligence nodded.

He then turned around and swiped his hand to the right. There in front of them was shown a footage of a woman and a man. The woman had long flowing dark hair, wide brown eyes and a beautiful smile. Yon-Rogg felt strange watching her, his heart skipped a beat. She reminded him of Una, the love of his life who had died years ago. The woman was walking in a park with a man. The man was well built, had short dark hair and blue eyes. It was his arm however that raised Yon-Rogg's interest. His left arm was black and shiny, like being made by dark metal. He was holding the woman's hand and they were walking hand in hand in the park.

"The man is James Buchanan Barnes, a member of the Avengers. He's known mostly as the Winter Soldier. And the woman is his fiancee, Adriana Weaver. She's also a super soldier, having just transformed into one recently." Supreme Intelligence said.

"Didn't you just say the prophecy was of a child born from an Inhuman and Human Super Soldier?" Yon-Rogg asked in confusion.

"Yes. The woman seems to be an Inhuman though she doesn't realize it yet." Supreme Intelligence said.