The rival

It all started when she moved schools. Mindy was a smart child, for an 11 year old. And the school she and Jimin went to specialized in smarter children. Instead of elementary activities like finger painting or sing-alongs, they taught her cursive, music, literature, middle school type of education. At the end of Mindy's first years there, they held an academic achievements award ceremony. Mindy's mother was the only one there(Namjoon was already enlisted and wasn't to be back home for another year).

Everything was going swell. Jimin won best attendance and best dancer in their dance class. He got second place in science. He was in the top five for reading and poetry also.

Mindy won best cursive, math, literature, and art. She also got first chair in the flute section of their band club.

But none of these small awards were what she wanted. No, she wanted the best student award. It was a large trophy, almost as big as her. It was meant for the best student with a well rounded academic mind. It was an award that every student in that school sought after. She wanted that award to see the proud smile of her mother, and the praise from her step father when he called later tonight. She wanted to celebrate that big award by inviting Jimin and his family over. But mostly, she wanted to beat Kim Taehyung.

Kim Taehyung was a three time best student. He was smart, witty, formal, but also egotistic, haughty, and a bully. The boy was her age, with thick glasses that hid sharp brown eyes. He always had a smirk to his stupid little face. Taehyung was popular too, with many "friends". Kim Taehyung was also a bully, targeting mostly Jimin, sometimes even Mindy. Always tugging on her hair, or making comments about her family, or the "lack thereof" as he would say. He picked on Jimin harder because he knew that it'll get a rise out of Mindy more quickly. But she'll show him. Mindy was driven to win this best student award.

And win she did. It came as a total shock to Taehyung's family when some new city girl won best student. Mindy walked to the stage with a proud stance, smiling victoriously as she made her way to the stage. Taehyung was so furious when she got up to the stage, hugged the trophy, and smirked directly at him.

As the years went on, he followed her into middle school, then high school, then eventually college. Ever since then, the two have hated each other and tried to outdo the other one academically. In high school though, Mindy made her first girl friend. A girl named Choi Soomin, or Minnie as she likes to be called. Minnie was a bubbly and cheerful girl. In high school, she was part of the cheerleader squad, as the girl who gets thrown around like a doll. She was a short girl, around 5'0, with bob cut style short brown hair.

Everything about Minnie was positive. Until she started dating a senior when they were freshmens. The girl friend's boyfriend, Kim Seokjin.

The girl friend's boyfriend

Mindy met him about a third into the school year. She was a freshman. Minnie wanted to introduce Mindy to a guy she's been dating for the past few months. Minnie did say that he was a bit older. Mindy thought he would be maybe a year older. Imagine her surprise when she met nearly graduated senior, Kim Seokjin.

Kim Seokjin was 3 years older than Mindy. Deadly handsome face, which he used to get his way. Broad shouldered, beautifully sculpted face, charming, funny, the whole package. At least, that's what Mindy thought until Minnie left to use the bathroom. When she left, Seokjin's smiling face disappeared and he had a furrow to his brows. At the time, Mindy thought that maybe he didn't really want her hanging out and taking Minnie's attention away from him. Until he pulled out his phone and began furiously texting someone else.