Working out ☁️/🌧

I've had this idea for a while now, this is mostly fluff, there's a bit of angst though, this takes place during the killing game somewhere around chapter 3, and they are not dating *yet*
------------------------------------------------------------
Kokichis POV:

I've been walking around the school for a while, with nothing much else to do I was pretty bored. I was looking for anyone who could hang out with me even though most of the people here hate my guts. The only people who I can really socialize with here are Gonta, who I think only hangs out with me because nobody ever really does, and sometimes Miu and Kiibo. Me and Rantaro got along but he died pretty fast. I turn a corner and see Kaito, with nobody else surprisingly. He catches a glimpse of me and I walk over to him with nothing better to do. "Hey, kokichi? " he says quite suddenly. I reply "yeah?" He's silent for a second before saying

"Is something wrong? You look upset. "

"Why do you care? I thought you didn't like me. "

"I really don't like you that much but you walked up to me so I just thought I'd ask. "

"It's nothing. I'm just bored and it's not like anyone here would *want* to hang out with me. "

"So you're lonely? "

I shrugged, "I guess"

We stood in silence for a bit. No not the comfortable silence, a quite uncomfortable one. "Why don't you come down to the game room with me? It's not like either of us were doing anything." I nod and we head for the gaming room.

Once we get down, Kaito and I start playing this two player fighting game. It's not much of a surprise that we were both really bad at it, but either way it was fun. Fun? Well I can't deny I like being around Kaito. Even if I can tell that he doesn't like me that much, I'd assume it's about all of the "Omg I love killing games there so fun" facade that I put up half of the time. The thing is, I don't enjoy this killing game but I don't despise it like some of us. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about it. But I definitely don't like all of the death. I realize I had been spacing out and lost the round. Kaito turns to me and says "Are you sure your alright? Your spacing out and you seem out of character. " I reply, "Why are you worrying so much? " I did not expect the response I was about to get. "Because I care about you Kokichi, sure you can be annoying at times and even arrogant but I still care for you. It may seem like I don't but I do. " I go silent. "Maybe you need to try getting closer to more people. You seemed to be at least a bit more happy around me than when you were alone. "
He's right. I do feel happy around him but I really don't want to admit it. I enjoy his company. "Yeah." Dammit. It's like the words came out of my mouth with nearly no hesitation.

Kaitos POV:

Me and Kokichi have been bonding over the past few hours so it should be okay to do this, right..? I move closer to him and pull him into a hug. He says something. "You know how I always talk about loving this killing game and not being bothered by the deaths? "

"Yeah." I reply

"I don't really feel that way it was another one of my stupid lies. I don't like this killing game but at the same time I don't despise it. The deaths bother me but at the same time they don't. "

"So why would you lie about that? If you're really that upset about it why don't you just tell everyone? I don't think it's that big of a deal. "

"It probably is though, they'll think I'm crazy for lying about that, which I probably am. I just didn't want them to think I'm some sort of coward or something. "

He let's out a laugh and pulls away from me.

"I don't think anyone is going to see you as a coward Kokichi. We're all afraid and it's okay to be. Nobody's gonna judge you for that! " I smile at him and he smiles back. I just wonder why he would open up to me like that? "Hey, why don't you join me, Shuichi, and Maki for training tonight?" He looks at me confused for a second. "Training for what? " I look at him Unimpressed. "Training to fight Monakuma! What else would we be training for? "

"I don't know. But you can get crazy ideas sometimes so I wouldent be that surprised if it was for something else. "

-Time skip to night-

Kokichis POV:

I'm laying down in my bed, looking at all of the evidence I've collected from the past cases. I sigh and turn over. *Ding dong* That must be Kaito getting me for "Training". I sprung up from my bed happy to be able to see him. I still don't know why I love being around him so much. I cracked the door open, to be greeted by the goofy man. " Hey Kichi! Come outside by that pergola with the wisteria flowers! (I think that's what they are but correct me if I'm wrong) I have to go get the others! "

As he runs off I think about the stupid nickname. Kichi? I don't exactly hate it..
I start walking to where kaito told me to go and in a minute or so the others come over. "Okay everyone's here! Let's do 100 pushups, go! " Kaito says. "Kaito you know I can't do pushups! " Shuichi states but still gets onto the ground. "You did it yesterday so you should be able to do it again! " Shuichi sighs and starts. I get down next to kaito and try to get into pushup position. Kaito looks at me and says "Here, put your hands directly under your shoulders and keep a straight back. " he touches my hand and moves it to the correct spot. I lower myself to the ground and back up. Jeez this is harder than it looks, I'm not really the type to work out. I turn my head to look at Kaito and see him laying on his stomach, with his head resting on his arms, kicking him legs in the air. "Stupidhead you have to do it to!" I say and he looks over at me "I already finished! " he replies. Then Maki speaks up. "No you didn't Kaito. I finished 5 ?minutes ago and you've been sitting there kicking your legs the whole time. "
I laugh, genuinely. Not one of those phycotic sounding laughs, but laughing because I'm happy around Kaito. His personality can be annoying but he's still someone I love being around. His goofy personality, the way he can be so oblivious, his sympathy that he showed towards me this morning is all things I like about him.

Maki- "Oh I forgot to ask, Kaito why is Kokichi here anyways?"

Kaito-"I ran into him this morning and we went to the gaming room together. "

Maki-"Even after that whole bug meet and greet thing? "

Kokichi-"Uh uh that was totally gontas Idea. "

Shuichi-"I think we all know it wasn't kokichi. "

Kokichi-"I just asked him to distract all of you while I get the kubs pads and he's the one who wanted the meet and greet. "

Kaito-"Wait why did you want the pads anyways? "

Kokichi-"I just thought it would be best if everyone knew each other's motivs to prevent more killings from happening. So that nobody would kill whoever they assumed had theirs. "

Shuichi-"You have a point but then people would go around killing due to their motive, and you like the killing game. You said it yourself and it sounded plain honest. "

I went silent after that.

Kaito-"No he told me this morning when he seemed upset I asked him what was wrong and he told me he felt bad for lieing about "Liking the killing game" he didn't want to seem like a coward. "

Kokichi-"Did you have to say that much Kaito?"

Kaito-"I'm sorry I just wanted stupid conversation to end. It was really directed towards you and I consider you a friend. I believe what you told me this morning. "

"Thank you Kaito. " I replied.

"How about we all head back to our rooms for tonight? It's getting pretty late and who knows what we might have in store for us tomorrow? " Kaito said, getting up and stretching. "Yeah that sounds good. " Shuichi replied. I slowly got up and walked next to Kaito all the way back to our rooms. "Night Kaito. " I said. "Night kichi! See you tomorrow. " He smiled at me and I smiled back, and walked into my room.

------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry if that seemed rushed at all! I'm still a new writer and I would be grateful for tips, or things I could correct! I just hope you can get the main idea. Have a good day/night and feel free to leave requests!

(1548 words including authors note)