Chapter 31 Few Days; Just Few

Chapter 31

Few Days; Just Few

Live for the moment... what a lovely quote but with everyday life, stress, pressure and deadlines we often forget to pause and live small moments of joy and when we are deprived of them we miss them we beg 'few days just few days of special moments to live and cherish.'

The room was stinking as if an animal was dead somewhere. Water from the tap was flowing freely, the air-conditioning was not working rather black flames were emitting from the split machine giving out smell of plastic burnt.

Clothes were splattered all over the places, empty beer bottles half broken half spilled were scattered all over the floor and on one corner of room lay Ro lifeless half sleepy, half conscious gurgling and least aware of the presence of a human being around.

The person invading the house was helpless, there was so much to do and she did not have time, she couldn't be recognized her boss would terminate her.

So she did what was best for both her and Ro.

She pulled the phone out of her pocket and dialed a number.

'''''''''

"Wish this ground could open and swallow me alive" Ro said as she pressed her hands to her head, the killer headache taking over her as she realized where she was.

She tried to stand but "Ouuchh.." the needle pierced on the back of her palms hurt like bitch.

"Who got me here?' Ro asked the nurse who was busy noting her scale of improvements.

"Your friend." The nurse replied curtly.

"My friend... ?..I don't have any" Ro mumbled but was ignored by the nurse who was not interested in chatting and busy doing her chores.

"Your reports are normal. Your doctor Lee would check your reports and let you know when you would be discharged" the nurse's tone was crisp and professional "seeing with the progress I guess today or tomorrow" she finished.

"How long was I here?" Ro couldn't help but ask.

"Two days" was the reply before the nurse headed towards another patient

"Probably she's had a fight with her boyfriend that's making her snooty" Ro thought and chuckled at her own sarcasm.

Months after she was feeling healthy and fresh. Probably the iv drip and the medications" she thought.

But she was desperate to know who helped her at the time of distress.

The thought of person being D enlightened her pale face but Ro knew not to keep her hopes up.

She wanted to learn but the only person who could help was not talking...

Ro too wasn't a good speaker but anxiety was getting over her.

She did not want to her parents to be ashamed at her again.

She did not want her office staff to have seen her the way she was.

Neither did she want herself to be pitied by any stranger.

The familiar smell of musk cologne startled her

"You are awake." The voice made her stretch her jaw line and her lips curved upwards and before she could expect the person she would have loved to be with her always, she scolded herself for thinking about him.

He is not yours, he's married.

When the musk fragrance with the mint and lemon shampoo fragrance lingered for a while she assumed that it was her doctor who probably uses the same brand as Ca... 'NO you cannot even think about his name. You are doomed and cursed, even your thoughts might ruin his life' she thought to herself.