Chapter 21Judgements

Chapter 21

Judgments

Judging and being judged is an obligatory day to day process, yet we are concerned about the fact that we are to be judged but; survivors are those who overcome the fear of ‘what others think?’

“I am afraid we cannot wait any further” the doctor said in his professional tone “she has to be operated today itself”

‘But.. the wedding..” her father interjected.

“Is it safe? I mean her pressure and glucose” Ro intervened; health of her mother was her prime concern now.

“Yes. Strangely once she was examined after that mild attack, her pressure seems to better and the rest I think the team of doctors can handle but I guess such frequent attacks in quick intervals are not safe.”

“We will go for it.” Ro’s words were a declaration and her father looked at her in awe proud of the woman she turned out to be.

'''''''''

“Don’t worry she’ll be okay” Carlos comforted Ro as he offered her a box of tissues and a cup of coffee.

It had been an hour since her mom was shifted to the operation theatre and Ro was scared shitless and crying uncontrollably.

Ro nodded crying still as she hugged herself seated in the plastic chair in one corner of the cafeteria away from her family.

How Carlos located her she did not understand.

She wanted to be invisible yet close to her mother and make sure that she is fine.

“This place is best for the operation and no casualties since they started transplantations, “ Carlos puffed on the rim of coffe mug, it was too hot for him but perfect for Ro “If it makes you feel any better”

“I love her” Ro jumped into his welcoming arms and he let a deep sigh “I know.”

Ro moved away from his hug “I love Deeva.”

Carlos’s eyebrows knitted together in straight line in confusion.

“Its okay she is your friend and Susane is unwell, your concern is understandable.” Carlos tried to omit the unacceptable.

“I love Deeva as a couple” Ro was bold now. With her coldness with Carlos throughout the years she still trusted him as a friend especially when she had committed him into a relationship in front of her mother.

She knew it was selfish of her.

Moving his hand roughly through his hair, a little unsettled about what Ro was implying, he turned his friend mode on.

“You can rely on me. I am all ears.” Carlos encouraged her though he had the strongest urge that he won’t like what he would be hearing.

“I was never a girly girl, had an affair with Sam once, if you remember the shopkeeper.” Ro looked at Carlos expectantly.

Carlos nodded encouraging her to continue.

“H tried to r@pe me” Ro paused feeling ashamed.

Carlos too had balled his fists angrily but it was under the table and his eyes trained on her expressionless so Ro continued “and since then some where deep in my heart I started developing a dislike towards guys, its not that I did not try, I had my yoga an therapy session. I did try couple of dates too but…’ Ro carried on with her life story as Carlos was paying undivided attention to her, she expected him to be non-judgmental.