"We're at the gas station. You should go get something to eat."

Everly nodded, moving out of the car, as she squinted her eyes under the sun. Entering the convenience store with Stefan by her side, Everly abruptly halted as a frown appeared on her face.

"What's wrong?" Stefan asked with worry.

"Where is Klaus?" She turned her head at him.

Relaxing, he answered, "He went to feed."

Everly nodded and lingered her gaze onto the clothing section in the store. She picked up one sunglasses with the larger frames and a black baseball hat, putting it into the basket Stefan was holding for her. Passing through the food section, she realized none of them looked appealing nor did she have any appetite despite her stomach's emptiness.

"I would recommend you to pick something to eat, love," Klaus said from behind her, startling her, "You haven't eat anything since yesterday."

"I'm not hungry," She answered quietly, stepping away from their proximity.

"You gotta eat something, love. Doctor's order."

Everly snapped her head at him in shock.

"You fainted on me after I told you your dear Jenna is dead. That little heart of yours was overworking itself," He explained, pointing at her chest, and picked up a sandwich, "How about this? A cheese turkey lettuce sandwich. Sounds healthy."

She simply stared at him, skeptical of his intention.

Klaus outstretched the food for a moment then threw it back onto the shelf when she didn't take it, "What do you want then?"

Stefan glanced over at the pair, slightly tensed up at the frustration in the hybrid's voice.

"Why are you trying to get me to eat?"

'Wouldn't want you to die on me now, would I? I will never hear the end of it if Elijah know you die from starvation."

"But you daggered him," Everly frowned.

"I'm not going to dagger him forever."

Everly let out a sigh of relief, knowing that considerate man would be alive again, but her joy was short-lived as she remembered the aunt that was forever gone. She looked away, wiping away a fallen tear, and mumbled to him, "I don't want to eat anything. I'm not hungry."

"Well, that's unfortunate," Klaus sped behind the cashier, elongating his fangs near the human's throat, "Because I'm not full yet."

Her eyes widened in horror and her heart spiked up from the fright.

"Klaus......." Stefan intervened, furrowing his eyebrow at the hybrid's unstable mood, and stood slightly in front of Everly.

"Now, love, I will give you a choice. You either feed yourself or I'll feed on him ," Klaus smirked, knowing this way she wouldn't be able to avoid.

Everly stared at him in disbelief and momentarily lingered on the trembling cashier before picking up a simple ham and cheese sandwich. Klaus dropped the man on the ground then compelled, "You will not remember anything about today."

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" He asked the human girl.

She glared at him before walking out of the store, refusing to be in the same room.

"Is she always this ill-tempered?" Klaus asked the Salvatore, smiling smugly in triumph.

"No," Stefan glanced at Klaus and sassed, "She has never lost her temper before, not even at Damon. But then again, you killed Jenna who Everly is really close to."