20

"Then turn me."

Everly-Rose took the leisure to enjoy a hot shower and packed up a small bag of clothes before walking out of her apartment

Everly-Rose took the leisure to enjoy a hot shower and packed up a small bag of clothes before walking out of her apartment. As she was walking towards the elevator, a glimpse of red caught her eyes and her eyes widened when she was met with Jenna's pale face.

"Auntie J?"

"Rosie? What are you doing here?" They said in unison.

"I live here."

"Oh right," Jenna nodded and anxiously glanced at her phone, "I'm sorry Rosie. But I need to go."

"What's wrong?" Everly stepped closer, noticing her distress.

"Something's wrong with Elena. She called me earlier and she was panicking," She rapidly explained and began walking towards the emergency exit.

"But isn't- Wait, I'll go with you," Despite her inner doubts, Everly rushed after her and followed closely behind Jenna as she sprinted upstairs, ignoring the throbbing in her heart.

They halted in front of an apartment and Jenna frantically knocked on the door and yelled, "Elena? Are you in there? Are you okay? I came as soon as I can."

Everly stood behind her, panting heavily from their sprints, and a dreadful feeling filled her stomach and instinctively tried to pull Jenna back from the door. But she was too late and the door clicked open, revealing a dirty blonde man with a charming smile yet the dangerous glint in his eyes sent chills down Everly's spine.

"You must be Jenna?" The man said then diverted his gaze to the blue eye girl, "And you are Everly?" 

Shuffling sounds were heard from the unit.

"Who are you?" Jenna asked in confusion as Everly slowly grabbed onto the red hair's arm, tucking her backwards, and the former looked back at her with a questioning gaze, "Rosie?"

Remaining her stare on the smirking man and the incident from yesterday morning popped into her mind, Everly protectively stood in front of the red hair, "Jenna......." She dragged out then abruptly pushed the older woman to the hallway, causing the latter to stumble, and yelled, "Run!" 

But before Jenna could response, the man had sped in front of her and said, "I think not."

"Who are you?" The red hair asked, frightened. 

"Klaus. The hybrid. The big bad wolf. Whichever you prefer," He said smugly, stalking towards the two humans. 

"What do you want?" Everly asked, pulling Jenna closer to her, as they fearfully watched Klaus blocked their paths to safety with the door slamming closed behind him.

"Well, your friends decide to rescue the vampire and werewolf I prepared for the ritual, and killed my witch."

"Caroline and Tyler," She whispered under her breath.