New troubles are coming for the Parisians

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Akuma's recipient is strongly obligated to accept the powers Miraculous's owner is offering them, even if it's against their better judgment.

Once the person agrees to work with the owner of Miraculous, the person becomes enveloped in dark purple magical aether.

When the aether dissolves, the person transforms into a superpowered being.

The powers conferred correspond to the personality characteristics and/or circumstances of the recipient.

It works by transforming recipients' emotions into superpowers; the stronger the emotions the person felt at the moment of Akumatization, the stronger his powers will be.

Papillon's latest victim was Gina Dupain, known on the popular Ladyblog, as Befana, a Candy-Witch themed supervillain.

XXX

The typical day in Paris from the appearance of Ladybug, Chat Noir, Papillon, can be summarized quite simply.

An ordinary person gets a bad one, then an Akuma appears and turns the civilian into a super-villain.

In a matter of seconds, Papillon's fledgling pawn begins to go insane and attempts to solve his personal problems in a rather violent way, using his newly obtained superpowers at the cost of their free will and sanity.

Shortly thereafter Ladybug and Chat Noir appear on the scene. Papillon orders his pawn to defeat the heroes and take their Miraculous.

The fight can last a few minutes or several hours. But in the end, through a mix of jokes, side plans and the use of their magical powers, the two heroes save the day.

Everyone is happy and content. Except Papillon who promises revenge against the heroes and that next time he will be able to get the Miraculous of Ladybug and Chat Noir.

This event replayed over and over, in the same pattern, almost like a teen cartoon.

The townspeople love their heroes, but the more realistic ones can't help but feel a sense of futility towards Ladybug and Chat Noir.

What's the point of fighting an Akuma every few days, if Papillon remains safe, hidden in his lair, waiting for the next pawn to use?

Many think this cat and mouse game can last for years or even decades?

Some have thought what if Papillon could have a disciple or accomplice who could continue his work?

Could this conflict between Miraculous users last forever?

Oblivious to the public, even the super-heroes and super-villains themselves are having similar thoughts.

XXX

Today is Thursday and the sun has long since set, giving way to the moon and stars.

At this time all the students who have to face a school day would be in their comfortable rooms to sleep.

Too bad Marinette Dupain-Cheng doesn't have the luxury of peaceful dreams.

Marinette is a 14-year-old girl, 142 centimeters tall, known to be one-quarter French and one-quarter Italian (on her father's side) and half Chinese (on her mother's side).

She has a fair complexion followed by shoulder-length black hair with blue highlights that is always seen pulled back in pigtails, light pink lips, bright bell eyes, and slight freckles on either side and the bridge of her nose.

At the moment, Marinette is in her room, sitting in front of her desk, working on a particularly important project.

The average teenager would be finishing a school project that should be finished by tomorrow or something.