- 5. drunk betrayal p. 4. final chapter -

- next book; look for it!
Turn Back Time by @unifandoms
- next book will come published after school today. lol
-
-
-
riley
-
-

I ran to Lucas's house.
I knocked my hand hard on his door.

His Ma answered. "Sorry, dearie, Lucas is..."

She nervously coughed. "He's at the grocery store."

She slammed the door in my face.
Fucking..

I took the spare key from behind the bush near his neighbor's lawn and unlocked the door. I threw away the key he gave me in frustration, so I use this one.

I unlocked the door to see him drinking.
Again.

I looked at him.
His Ma was holding him in her arms.

"S-She cheated on m-me, Ma!" He cried, Ma softly hugging him. "W-why?"

Ma looked at him sadly. "You were like that yourself once, yeah?"

He looked up at her, sad. Upset. Done. "Once, Ma! For the 2 months I've been with her, I've been so happy I never needed anyone else!"

He cried out. "Rileeeeyyyyy, whhhyyy!"

Ma got up from him. "I know, sweetie. I'll make some sandwiches to eat, okay?"

Lucas sniffled. "O-okay."

She left the room.

I took a deep breath. My turn.

I walked into the living room.

"Lucas?"

He turned to me.
His eyes were flooded with tears, his face red from sadness.

The third bottle was in his hand...
His Ma kept him sober.
That's what the sandwiches are for.

"Lucas, I-I'm sorry-"

"Sorry, sorry, sorry!" He mocked, yelling. "Riley, you slept with someone else! You made out with someone else! On our anniversary!"

"I didn't-"

"Yes you did Riley, I saw you!"

I hiccuped. "L-Lucas, I came into your house when Missy and you were making out. I got upset, too. I got drunk too! You aren't the only one who got cheated on that day!"

Lucas angrily threw his wine bottle on the floor, breaking it. From the corner of my eye, I can see Ma rushing in- never mind, she's hiding in the kitchen.

"I wasn't cheating!" He screamed. "I was attacked by her sexually, after I defended you! I did it for you, Riley!"

He screamed. "W-Why didn't you just talk to me, dammit!"

I screamed back. "You never deserved me anyway, Friar!"

I stopped. Oh my god....

What'd I just do?

----

-
-
lucas
-
-

"So you're leaving me? Is that it?" I screamed, running a hand through my stressed hair. "Just like all the other girls? Did you just come for a good time?"

Riley screamed back. "Is that what you did?! I went with you because I thought you changed when you asked me to be with you! Was that all a lie?! A lie to get me?!"

I threw chair down, breaking it. Riley shook.

"No, its because I love you, Riley! What the hell is wrong with you?! I still do! You did change me, and that's why I'm upset!" I screamed, running around the apartment room breaking things.
"You went to a bar for something I NEVER did, and made out with some guy you barely even know!"

Riley sat down on the couch, yelling. "I never did-"

"YES YOU FUCKING DID, RILEY! I SAW YOU!" Tears sprang out of my eyes. "Y-YOU WERE IN YOUR BED, NAKED, WITH HIM KISSING YOU, NAKED!!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? I TRUSTED YOU SO MUCH, AND YOU KILLED MY HEART?! REVENGE FOR WHAT, EXACTLY? FOR SOMETHING THAT NEVER HAPPENED?!"

I sat down in my chair, Riley sobbing, "I'm sorry, Lucas, I didn't-"

"Riley, I love you, but I don't know if you love me."

Riley choked back her tears. "What- Are you breaking up with me?"

My voice shook. "I don't know what else to do. I-I'm sorry."

"But-"

"Riley, can you look me in the eye and tell me you didn't do it?"

Silence.

I threw down the bottles. "Then I'm going."

I left the room.

I hope I never see Riley Matthews again.

----

-
-
riley
-
-

I fell silent as my ex left the room.

My ex... my first and last boyfriend..

Why'd I do that? I love him...

He cheated on me.

Who cares what everyone said? He cheated on me.

There's no where to go... Maya left me too.

I left the house after him, heading back to my apartment.

I hope I never see Lucas Friar again.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Eeeee! The next book is called "Turn Back Time! It continues about 3 years after their freshmen year (this story ending), and sooooo they will be seniors in the next book, and college students, maybe!

I love you readers! Thanks so much for reading! I hope you read the next book, Turn Back Time!

-M