- 8. love? -

- beCAUSE I AM EXTREMELY ANGRY I LOST THE LAST DRAFT OF THE CHAPTER I AM SKIPPING THE LONG WONDERFUL PART OF MAYA AND RILEY CONVO IN RILEY'S BEDROOM. -
- oh, if you know the movie "another cinderella story" from Disney Channel or ABC Family, idk, with Selena Gomez, its kinda mixed into the story, since I realized rn that they had a kind-of masquerade in the movie and dance and stuff, and school heartthrob, yada yada. I DO NOT OWN GMW OR ACS. K? ITS DISNEY.

-
-
-
-
riley
-
-

As I got up today, Maya told me everything that happened with Uncle Josh.

"We hung out, we got drunk, we went upstairs-"

"NEIN." I screamed, covering my ears. "NO MORE NO MOREEEEE."

Maya laughed so hard at my "innocent" brain as we got up and put on our shoes. "You loved the story, Riley."

I shuddered. "You just made out, right? No, 'make love'?"

Maya chuckled. "Sure."

I gagged and ran out the door.
"Jesus, I'll just head to the subway without you."

-

We walked through the school, and it's buzzing with enthusiasm.
Of course, the dance was 2 days ago on Friday, so.

Maya nudged me as Farkle walked over here. "Ladies."

We smiled. "Farkle."

He whined as we told him the details of the dance. "I wanted to go, but my father made me watch the unveiling of the new Minkus jetpack!" He shook his head down sadly.

I laughed. "Next year, Farkle."

He smiled sadly, flattening the hair he messed up moments earlier. "Yes, you're right,"

Suddenly, Lucas burst into the hallway. Girls slammed locker doors, half in fear, and half in their rush to get to him first. Maya and I rolled our eyes, and Farkle got up to "go to the restroom."

I know I'm kidding myself. It's the dance that made me strange.

Lucas pushed the girls away from him.
He's holding up a mask.

"Does anyone own this mask?!"

My skin paled. It c-can't be...

"Please," he sounded soft now, "anyone?"

The girls screamed at his sudden (adorable) vulnerability.
"I own it, Lucas!"
"I do! It's mine!"
"My mask, thanks for getting it back for me, Lukey!"

They're all fakes. Duh, of course I know that. But..

One girl shushed them all. The girls and boys in the hallway stepped back. Maya and I were on our feet.

"Awe, Lucas, thanks so much for getting," Missy scoffed loudly, "my mask."

Lucas frowned, his eyes looking sad and mad at the same time.

Missy Bradford.

"Lucas," she smiled, "you dance wonderfully."

I coughed. She'd always know how he'd look at dances, no matter what.
But the school knows what she really is to Lucas; a rebound who didn't know her place.

She reached for the mask, mostly his biceps, until Lucas pulled away.
"Nuh-uh-uh."

Missy frowned seductively (?). "But it's mine."

Lucas smirked. "Then dance with me."

Missy blinked. "W-what?"

He still smirked. "If you own the mask, show me the dance."

Missy let out a breath. "I don't need that to prove it. I have 'experience.'"

Lucas paused, confused, giving her a chance to crash her lips onto his.
He, disgusted, shoved her off. She gasped on the floor. "Lucas-"

"Everyone." Lucas said loudly, cutting her off. "I am a player, a stupid ass, and a bad person. I seem bipolar, and have anger issues, but please. Help me find this girl."

He looked around the hallway at each face, sadness in his eyes for the first time. He truly did want to see her again. "I don't give a shit if I seem like I just 'want' her. I want to get a chance to find her one more time. Last time, maybe."

He looked around once again. "And if anyone, anyone, attempts to steal this mask from me, or knows about her and doesn't tell me..."
An evil smile.
"I'll beat your ass."

The crowd nodded.

"Good." Lucas nodded.
Then, his gaze fell onto Missy. Missy, noticing she had a chance, slightly moved on the floor to show her cleavage.

Maya groaned. "Slut."

Lucas rolled his eyes and walked away. "You're nothing but a toy I once wanted, Missy. You're done."

-

The bell rang, after what it seemed hours, and I rushed to my next period. That happened during lunch.

But... does he care that much for her?
For.. for me?

A toy... or a lover?

-

-

-

did ya like the chapter? about 200+ more words then usual. cxxx.