- 10. finding out.. -

- ooooo you are in for a dramatic ride.
-
-
-
maya
-
-

Word got around through the secret grapevine towards my ear.

Turns out Missy pretended to be me on an anon. chat with Ranger Rick to get him to meet with her at the coffee place t'day.

Extra details; exactly what they said in the chat.
Missy did see the girl he danced with during the masquerade, but she only knows the hair, because of the mask.
She's going to put as much disguising make-up as she can to pretend to be the girl, hiding her voice with a voice manipulator, and a wig.
She's got the entire thing planned out.

Thank you secret grapevine....
This jackass.
Poor Riley and Lucas.
Of course I knew it was Riley. Brown curls, light black mask?
I helped her plan her look.

I have to warn him...

I ran into Lucas in the hallway, a few minutes before we'd be let out, before he'd start his walk (run) to the coffee shop.

"Lucas," I warned, "please don't look for your girl at the coffee shop. It's a trap."

He growled. "Don't mess with me, Hart. I've been waiting days, depressingly searching for the girl that made me happy for at least a few hours. Don't mess it up for me, or else."

Lucas shoved me away, onto the floor, as he walked out the door as the bell rang.
"You're just jealous, as others are." He spat.

I got up and brushed myself off.
"Dammit, Friar. You don't even listen."

I took off running after him.

----

-
-
Lucas
-
-

I'm running the miles.
All of them.

Maya's words are ringing in my head.
Its a trap... Its a trap......

I shook them out.
She can't mess it up for me.
Once I find her, she'll be the one for me.
I swear it.

.

I made it to the shop.
I see the girl with the curls.

She turned around. Her face was beautiful, red plump lips and pale faced.
And the brown, curly hair I could play with for days.

"Lucas!" She said my name, wrapping her arms around me. "I'm so sorry I've waited to talk to you, I-I've been so nervous!"

The voice was so delicate, so pure.
So.... breakable.

I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her. She hugged back, then nibbled my ear lobe. I moaned quietly as she pulled away.

"My house later." She whispered seductively, slipping a paper into my hands as she walked away.

I smiled. I smiled evilly.

This wasn't her.
She didn't ask for the mask.
I'll find out who she really is.
But, I'll also 'make it' with her.
'Cause, hey, she's still hot.
But... she isn't the one.
She might be her, though, and maybe not. She looks and feels like her, just not the pull I felt.

Maya ran in over to me.
She opened her mouth as to say something, until she looked at my mouth's smirk.
She smirked back. "You found out yourself?"

I smiled. "I'm not sure, but I'll find out."

Maya smiled and shook her head. "She's changing you into a much better person, Friar."

I punched her in the chest, knowing who she meant, what she meant. She didn't even flinch.

"Plan?" She asked me.

I whispered into her ear, and she shuddered, smiling evilly.

She patted my back before heading out to find her annoying tag-along.
"Good luck, Friar."

-

-

-

-

-

Lucas NEEDS to find out, man. HES GOT TO.