Chapter-46 The 'fallen' angel

Start from the beginning

"What is this act for? You killed my devil, you are responsible for everything" Hearing his words tears fall from Asil's eyes like a stream. "He was my devil, this King nourished him with power and now he became useless because of that insignificant human" Asil looked up and stares at the darkness in front of him. His eyes change color going from dull to deep blue.

The black mist pushes the Prince to the ground almost breaking his every bone, "The achievements he had was all because of me, he was just a mere mortal" Araqiel pulls the spear to kill the Prince but Mais pushes it away in time blocking the attack by his whip.

"Your Highness doesn't pay attention to his words. Raik did this to protect you and the promise he made." Mais shouts before the Devil attacks him. Merfost saves Mais in time taking the blow on himself. He hisses and then checks up on the little demon. Mais looks at him horrified and before a word could come out of his mouth he sees the demon vomiting blood, badly wounded. He cries seeing this but then their attention is taken over by Asil's laugh.

The Prince starts to laugh loudly even when being jolted and thrown at one side, his laughter doesn't die. He looks up at his sworn brother wiping the blood as he gets up, "You made him do this, how are you still alive?" He tilts his head, eyes turning a deeper shade of blue. The Devil King was about to get ready for his final attack when he feels the air changing around them and the Prince laughing hysterically.

"This could have been stopped only if this Prince was powerful enough" Asil laughs while his eyes cry, the words Mais said still ringing in his head "Who said this Prince needed your help?..." He looks around and shouts, "Come and answer me Raik." His forehead mark starts to brighten slowly. Merfost stares in alarm at the Prince, his face pales seeing what is about to happen.

His hand trembles as he quickly calls for the Prince to show mercy on them and not to be swayed by emotions but it was too late. The brightness of the sun and the warmth increases the humans who were alive and helping each other close their eyes not able to bear it, the sound of a bell ringing in the heavenly realm becomes wild, alarming the angels there. They all look towards the sky, as they hear the three rings loud and harsh to their ears. Barthason stands up in his place in apprehension while Omminor nods to him telling him it's time to leave. The angels all had fear in their eyes as they stop whatever they were doing and pray for their well being afraid something disastrous is about to happen.

Asil closes his eyes and chants something, while his finger moves on his chest in a pattern drawing a star. The bright light concentrates at a point falling on Asil like a lightning. It trembles violently as it engulfs him whole in it. Merfost pulls Mais into his embrace as the two watches and hears the cracking of bones and the slight hiss of the Prince. The trembles in the light become intense like waves causing tremors on the land and a loud gush of winds howls in the ears of everyone present.

"This is our end." Eiji hears someone say, he couldn't help but agree silently as he closes his eyes tired and wounded. The angels fall on their knees to show respect to the Prince who was not even able to see them. Merfost and Mais do the same, Araqiel wanted to kill the Prince but was unable to move, fear struck he watches as the bright light pierces out the big phoenix-like wings as if breaking a parched sheet, beautiful and majestic. Mais widens his eyes in fear and amazement. The wings keep spreading like a wine breaking the wall or anything in their way, he shivers seeing the wings surrounding all the people present there.

He turns to Merfost "Is this how it is going to be...our end?" Merfost kisses his forehead "This King will always love you no matter what"