Chapter-41 You are pitiful!

Raik was deliberately made to come to consciousness in the last minutes by Xerith to shake this human up as he sees the execution of his friend. Xerith wanted to make him suffer and his plan succeeded. The General inhales sharply as he sees the head roll down not far from him stained in blood. The blood that the rest were complaining of dirtying their floor was spilled throughout. He falls on his back in shock unable to breathe or say anything, eyes wide and staring at the same spot.

The masked headsman picks up the head, rejoicing in victory as he shows it to the citizens they all join in the happiness showing their heartless nature. Raik turns to the other side his eyes rimmed with tears, he clenches his jaw but the pain of losing his closed one was intense. He bites on his wrist, a tear rolling down his cheeks as he begs for a miracle to happen and let the suffering end.

In the loud and cheering voices, his emotions were like a small puddle, none cared or paid attention to it. Since the time he had joined the army he was sent to war, killing and seeing his men losing their lives or being taken back in conditions that were difficult to describe just to protect the land from the enemies of the King, he thought he got used to watching bloodshed and gore but that was just a delusion of his after seeing his sister and then a companion in this condition Raik realized he was too weak.

He tries to stand up but doesn't seem to have the energy left in him, struggling with self-loathing he doesn't realize when the surrounding quiets down and the sky turns. He stares wide eyes at the sky as the raindrops fall on his face, it is then that he registers his surrounding. He was alone, the ones that were a while before standing next to him are nowhere to be seen, he glances around him anxiously but sees not a soul, no council, no citizens, no King, no Evarius, and no marks of blood.

The soil below his hand was turning moist in rain, his clothes were getting dirtied, he stared at his hands and fists the soil between his fingers, laughing at his situation, he has no control of anything now, it was clear anymore whether it was tears or rainwater rolling down his cheeks. Raik was sure that he is sent to Abyss by Xerith who has control of him and using him for his amusement.

Loneliness starts to crawl into his heart until he sees the white boots slowly approaching him. His lips tremble thinking Asil is here and has seen him in this pathetic state, the angel will now notice how weak and powerless he is but the angel stops a few meters away from him without calling his name or criticizing his state of mind and actions.

Raik feels nervous with the silence not daring to look up until he realizes that the curtain of rain was cut off over his head, he looks up in reflex to see an umbrella hanging above his head protecting him from getting further wet and also hiding his view of the angel.

He feels the tear trickling down his cheek finding it better this way to not see the face of Asil, he feels guilty and responsible for the execution of Hansen and wanted nothing more than to run away but the being in front of him quietly stands there not moving, watching him in silence.

"We finally meet" He hears the voice after what feels like ages of silence.

Suddenly Raik trembles realizing this is not the voice of Asil and immediately looks up to confirm. He is astonished to find a stranger in front of him, the presence of this unknown person was very powerful even when he had a smile on his lips and a shine in his eyes. The crystal clear eyes bore deep into Raik's own, he hesitates and then checks up silently on the being in front of him that had an aura like Asil but was not Asil.

Rendered speechless he just stares, hesitant but not scared of the man that looked like a divine being, standing straight and calmly in front of him, a golden umbrella-like rotating disc above his head keeps moving slowly. He had a crown over his head, his garments seemed like clouds embroidered by sunlight.