Chapter-22 You are special

Raik tries to not get annoyed with the three troublesome companions that have joined him in buying clothes, he had planned of getting decent clothes, pay, and move but the three felt it was not wise of him to just think of himself and glued to him. Mais asked to get one for himself, defeated, Raik let them have something to buy. The attendant smiles feeling delighted in getting four customers at his door, he shows them the best he has. Mais and Hansen smirk in understanding choosing the ones with a high price.

Raik watching it says with a straight face “Buy whatever you want if we lack silver, we can get you two to stay and work here until the debt is not cleared” The clothes in the hands of both the companions drop quickly, choosing the simplest one from the pile.

Raik turns to Asil who had been quiet and observant all this while “You can choose whichever you like, you might not be used to these” The demon becomes furious hearing the openly biased behavior this General was portraying in front of them, he leans towards Hansen declaring his hatred.

“Do you think I look like the one who is used to these? Tell me human”

“I have a name” Hansen picks up some simple clothes for him and walks away. Mais turns to Raik with a smile and pity on his face.

“This demon is also not used to these,” He says softly and full of emotions.

Raik doesn’t feel impressed but gives in, he takes a long exhale as if tired of them “Okay you can take whatever you want, but this is the first and last time” He says defeated.

After a satisfying purchase, they take a rest in an inn, cleaning and resting their body and mind. The time they are rejuvenated sun had already set and the dark of the night welcomes them, the crowd has lessened and the street was brightened with lamps, they roam about in the street to have a look around when the loud noise of a procession catches their attention, the people looked happy and singing all the way, the bright red color sedan stops near the inn. The people carrying it straighten their backs while the rest play drums and heavy instruments and dance in joy. Asil was surprised at what made these people so happy.

“It is a marriage procession, two people are tying a knot of love and trust in front of witnesses to always be together for lives” Hansen answers. Asil looks back at the well-dressed bridegroom, looking handsome and shy as people sing and cheer for him. The musicians were really good they made him feel the joy and excitement too.

“Do you want to celebrate with them?” Hansen asks Asil. The angel nods.

Hansen tells the group something, they all glance at the travelers and invite them to join. The group sits near the fire below the starry night watching them dance, sing and laugh while eating the delicious food and strong drinks provided to them. Mais joins in the dance-making Asil laugh hard, having eaten and intoxicated by the drink, they put their guard down, sitting defenselessly watching and listening to the music that has become romantic and soothing. One of the men sings a melodious song for the newly married couple as the night turns dark, rest drunk lay there near the fire, lost in the music and their thoughts.

“Zuershians also make grand arrangements for the wedding, we all gather together giving our blessings to the newly married couple, there are also folk songs and several interesting activities, rituals, and beliefs. I feel if I ever get another chance I would still want to be born in my land, ready to die for my people, the mountains, the trees, snow, and the stream, they all smell like home, like Zuersha” Hansen says preoccupied in his thought about his home, he feels the shivers thinking about the snow, wanting to reach out and touch it. Asil keeps drinking while Raik quietly listens.