Chapter-7 Bounded

Asil walks out as the sun shines brightly above, the air held a little warmth and the birds were chirping on the trees, he walks a little ahead and hears the noise of the children shouting, he takes fast steps spotting the kids, he met before. They were throwing small stones at the nest resting on the tree with a slingshot, fortunately not one of them hit the nest, they were blaming each other for being a loser and the bickering was getting louder, the little girl Yie that hid behind him before was sitting near trying to catch a butterfly. He sighs and holds tight the bag Raik gave him that had fruits, with a smile, he calls the younger one.

“We meet again” The group turns their head at the same time, their eyes narrowing, seeing him approaching them. He looked extremely beautiful as the sunlight casts a golden glow on him, the kids all look at him with jaws slacked, the stone that had left sling falls back on the plump kid making him wince and rub his head.

“You…why are you here?” the girl standing next to the kid, elbows him to shut up and waves with a smile.

“You are right on time significant person, we are not able to get that nest down, do help us” she smiles wide, her beautiful eyes shining.

“Call me traveler,” Asil says “This traveler doesn’t think it is vice to disturb the poor creature and its home” Asil glances at the nest resting on quite a height and could hear the chirping of the little birds.

“We are not disturbing but helping, a baby fell from the nest we are just taking the nest down to put it back in it” Asil opens his mouth to comment then closes looking at their proud gazes, he sighs.  

“Whose brilliant idea was it?” he asks in disbelief.

The children all point to the plump boy who again puffs his chest proudly “Durian” Asil rolls his eyes and then sits next to Yie, she giggles as the butterfly revolves around Asil once and then rests on his shoulder. 

“You are not that much fun,” Durian, leader of this group says, going to do his task, Asil holds his hand, pulling him to sit down. 

“I brought something for us” he takes out the fruits, their eyes shine seeing it, each picks up one the leader takes two, Asil smiles and let them have all. The big girl among them sits nicely and eats elegantly, seeing Asil watching her she smiles shyly.

“I am a very noble lady, my mother told me” Asil coughs to control his laughter. He picks up the baby bird from the ground that looked weak, and quietly with a wave of his fingers puts it back while the children were busy in the fruit.  

“You are here” Hansen walks towards them and seeing the children with fruits he smiles “Having fun”

Asil says nothing and sits back “What made you look for this Prince” the girl hearing it asks eagerly.

“Prince?” Asil gives her another fruit to quiet her down.

Hansen laughs, looking around “Where is the other one?”

“Gone with his partner for a while” Hansen’s eyes widen.

“He has somebody” Asil just smiles. Hansen sits a distance away from him “I wanted to go with you” he says with determination in his eyes and gets Asil’s attention “You might not know the way I am well aware of the places here, I can be of help to you”

Asil smiles, he watches as the little plump boy rubs his hands quickly on the clothes he wore and then picks another fruit greedily. “Why do you want to? Zuershians are trying to revolt, you have preparations to make, yet at this crucial moment you wanted to come with us?”