Chapter-11 Volupdeus

Raik turns his head away whispering to himself “I thought you are not well” Mais hears it clearly and wanted to correct him, His Highness is not weak, but as he opens his mouth, the foul smell makes his senses almost numb and head go dizzy.

Lliira roars in anger trying to break free, the nauseating smell grows stronger making them unable to breathe. Asil nods at Mais to proceed, getting the signal Mais chants and puts his palm on the floor, as the fingers touch the ground it starts glowing in a red pattern, waves of red smoke come out from it binding Asil and Lliira inside it.

Raik tries to step in as he sees the skin peeling out of Lliira’s body, it was a gruesome sight and the cries were not for light-hearted to hear. He was worried for Asil, but Mais stops him in time, shaking his head to not step inside, Raik obeys eyes still on Asil with slight frustration and worry.

The roars of woman turn monster-like, her bluish skin swelling and changing, a loud plea of another woman catches the attention of the four, a courtesan crawls out of the dead bodies with difficulty, she was struggling to survive, hearing the painful voice of Lliira she bawls her eyes “Please save her, I was wrong, please”

They say nothing but just watch her “She is not a monster, she is very beautiful, so beautiful that it made us envious. Please…help her…when the first time I saw her she was laughing so brightly, in a place like this she is a pearl found only when we dive underwater, I envied her and made a contract with the devil to use her as his body, it was just to take her place” They watch the deviare turned lady trying to get up, her eyes only set on Lliira “I did this to her, the devil should take me, she has suffered much, being sold as a slave from one man to another, tortured, abused, she still smiled” Her eyes keep changing from normal to white but her mouth never stops.

“It is too late she is no more the one you know, you were deceived by the devil” Asil finally responds to her. He was flabbergasted that a deviare still has a strong sense of remorse and wanted to turn things right, humans were unexpected they can show morality at odd times or when you least expect it.

Asil doesn’t help the courtesan even though she cried and pleaded and kept on repeating the same thing, it was of no use they were all deflected, there was no return, Lliira transforms into a beast-like man, the transformation looked so ugly that the three standing outside the formation wanted to turn away. The place starts shaking and all the dead ones lying there start vanishing as their souls and body are drawn in the circle on the transforming being, the woman now quiet and dead, no more pleas to be heard.

“Can’t they be saved, they are not dead yet” Raik asks loudly unable to understand what was going on and the cause of this situation.

“They look undead but are not,” Asil says looking around at the dispersing bodies of deviares. It was time for the devil to harvest what he sowed and feed himself. The skin of Lliira falls on the floor, Hansen retches looking at it.

With a roar of laughter, the devil finally shows his face, it was a beautiful angel, smiling softly and looking pure. He looks up at Asil in front of him and cries in shock taking a step back, those deep blue eyes were staring at him in seriousness.

He quickly becomes pitiful "Your Highness, save me, this angel was wrong, I just wanted love" It cries. Asil feels a stir in his emotions seeing one of his kind, he always wanted to ask the deflected ones the reason for them being like this, seeing them still in pain, something in him stirs, a sad emotion surging through. He wants to reach but Mais stops him shouting at the right time.

"He is a deceiver, the angel is long dead" He shouts. The angel watching Asil laughs, his wings turning grey, body blackening.

It changes to its original form, into a vicious devil, his nails long and black that can pierce the flesh in one blow, his back had black wings but that looked withered and burned, in a very bad condition, two black, scaly horns on head turned towards each other, mouth formed into a grin, that made him look more sinister, teeth sharp and pointed, his chest rough and scaly like crocodile skin.