Chapter-15 His Highness's plan is a hit

“Raikie” Asil exclaims in joy, forgetting about the kite in his hand. Raik covers up his shock, eyes traveling to the kite that was swaying in wind, about to fall at any moment, he, in a swift motion holds Asil’s shoulder with one hand and with the other catches the line slipping from the angel’s hand, giving a pull on it to let the kite fly. Asil sees those well build arms, covered up, the grip on his shoulder was firm and gentle, a faint musk scent covering his senses, he turns to praise Raik but is struck with the handsomeness the General holds, sharp jawline, pointed nose, dark brows and hair, his curled lashes and almond-shaped eyes were giving him an icy demeanor as the light falls on them. Raik meets his stare, a small smirk appearing on his lips and soon fades before Asil can talk about it, Raik hands him back the line, opening his palm, the leather of his glove brushing on Asil’s soft skin.

“Your Highness” Mais shouts from above interrupting them, seeing the General he comes running down immediately, stopping in front of them. He frowns looking at Raik “How did you come here?” He asks shocked.

Raik ignores his question, pulling his sleeves down, though it was not needed. Mais doesn’t stop there asking again “What are you doing here?” This time his tone shamelessly was enquiring.

Raik just glances at him not answering, he corrects Asil on how to pull and release the line of the kite that was swaying and about to go down like the control on Mais’s temper. Mais turns to Asil expecting him to say something, seeing the demon trying so hard Asil says “Didn’t expect you to come here” 

Raik gazes over at the calm and composed angel, eyes fixed on him “I came here for you” he informs without hesitating.

Mais’s frown deepens with the answer “Why?”

The valiant General doesn’t answer him again, treating him as thin air. Hansen also walks down, seeing Raik he stops and sits on the grass, not wanting to go there anymore, hearing them talk from far. “Why?” Asil gives a feeble smile, repeating Mais’ question, to calm the situation from tensing up.

He lets the kite go when gets a long pause and no answer from the General and turns to Raik giving him full attention “To help you” Raik says without any hesitation.

“Did we ask for your help?” Mais glares at him, his annoyance shooting skies. Asil pats on his shoulder to calm him down “It is okay, he is here to help, don’t fuss” Mais keeps shooting poisonous arrows toward Raik through his eyes. Raik walks unashamedly, even daring to ask Asil if there was any food left he was hungry. 

Mais goes up to Hansen, sitting and watching the show “Hey human! Why are you just sitting here?” He says irritated, eyes not leaving Asil and Raik “Get up we need to have close eyes on him”

“Why involve me in it?” Hansen asks bored, yawn slipping his mouth. “Was not your curiosity pacified?”

Mais doesn’t mind the second statement, ignoring it like Raik “What else do you think, who will work if not you?” The demon says as a matter of fact. Hansen walks by his side nudging him on the shoulder, talking with this demon was tiring and fruitless.

“I have a name,” He says and follows Asil. 

 Hansen serves Raik the dried food left with them, he eats it without complaint, Mais was not able to digest these happenings “How did you find us?” He asks, but Raik keeps eating as if not a word was heard by him.

“It would have been difficult to find us? How did you do so?” Asil asks serving him a bun. Raik accepts it. He glances at Hansen and then back to Asil.