Chapter 8

Smiley followed them from behind without saying anything. And thanks to her that Naomi was able to stay in V's arms for a long time.

As they were about to get into the car Smiley stopped them. "V, I don't believe you. You are acting right? I bet you don't even know her name", she said out loud.

V was about to say something to her when Naomi stopped him by raising a hand. V stopped after getting the sign. "Let me handle it", Naomi said to V as if she already had a plan.

She walked to Smiley with confidence. "First of all, we don't need to inform you about what is it between us. Second of all, that man out there is my man. So don't address him so intimately", Naomi said pointing towards V.

V was confused about what they were talking about. And Smiley was burning with anger.

"And as for why he didn't tell you my name, it isn't because he doesn't know my name. But because...", she scanned Smiley from head to toe and moved closer to Smiley's ear and whispered to her, "Because you are not worth it!!".

This made Smiley completely frustrated. She raised her hand to slap Naomi but Naomi hold her hand before she could slap her.

"Don't get too angry. It's bad for your health. Also get rid of the tricks that you have in your sleeves. Cause that man over there is Mine!!" Naomi said in a serious tone.

And then she walked away from there towards V. They got into the car and drove away. But Smiley stood there until Ye Ra came to get her from there. Well, yeah, V had already informed Ye Ra to get Smiley from there.

"Is it true Onni? Does he actually love that wench?" Smiley asked Ye Ra sitting inside the car.

Ye Ra shrugged and asked, "Did V actually said that?"

"Of course. He even hugged her", Smiley said smashing her hand on the car's door.

"Well it must be true if he said that", Ye Ra said to her.

Back in V's car both of Naomi and V are quiet. They haven't talked at all since they have got in the car.

"So.... You are a playboy?" Naomi asked breaking the ice.

"No!!! Of course not. I'm a very decent person. Cause see if I were not a decent boy then I wouldn't have asked you to save me from her, right?" V said looking at Naomi.

"Well, maybe you had done something for her to take that step?" Naomi asked again.

"Nothing that I can remember. So, you are a foreigner?", V asked out of curiosity.

"Yeah, well I'm an international student in here. I study in Korean university", she said looking out of the window.

"Ohh.... And you were working part time in there?" Naomi didn't reply so V also didn't ask anymore.

They have been driving for half an hour but V still hasn't asked where to drop her.

"Are you free?" V asked Naomi hesitantly.

"Yeah, well all I had to do tonight was working my shift. But since I'm not doing that anymore... I can be considered as free also I'll be free every night from now on cause they won't take me back", Naomi said holding back a grin.

"I'm sorry that you lost your job for me..." V said apologetically.

"Never mind, I guess. I just lost 50 dollars a day", Naomi said rolling her eyes.

"How about I pay you for the month? 2000 dollars?" V said to Naomi.

"No, thank you. I like to earn my own bread", Naomi said rejecting his offer.

Actually Naomi is quite surprised at herself that she still hasn't started worshiping V, or fangirling him. She is also proud of herself for being able to hold herself back. V stopped in front of a small tteokbokki shop.

"Why are you stopping here?" Naomi asked V out of curiosity.

"Well, I'm treating you to dinner for helping me out earlier", V said with a smile.

"Tteokbokki is your favorite?" Naomi asked in spite of knowing the answer.

"Since you are a foreigner I thought I should treat you to one of our specialities".

"Thank you I guess", Naomi said with a sneer.