Eighteen

—————

Aidan felt bad for practically moving in at Jace's apartment, he didn't pay rent, he didn't have a job, he felt shitty for everything Aidan has put him through just because he opened up to him.

"No Aidan, I swear it's fine. I just want you to feel at home, I have a job and I'm able to afford rent. We'll be ok" Jace said while he set his cup of coffee down, a waitress came over and set Aidan's second cup of coffee down in front and walked away.

He looked down at the mug, "It's just.. I don't know, I at least feel like I should be doing something you know?" Aidan looked up at Jace, he clicked his tounge before he could think of a response.

"Yeah.. I know what you mean" Jace responded almost bluntly, he kept that slight smile on so Aidan wouldn't suspect anything. "So um do you know what you're gonna want?" he quickly changes the subject.

Aidan nods, he looks down at the menu in quick glance to make sure he's getting the right meal. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom, are you ok ordering?" Jace asks starting to get out from the booth, Aidan nods and smiles a little.

After Jace left Aidan patiently waited for the waitress to come over to their table, in the distance he heard a server greet someone who had just come in. Out of curiosity he looked to see who came in, it was a girl.

But the girl looked way too familiar to him, he saw that a waiter was leading her over next to the booth he was sitting at. She sat on the opposite side from where Aidan sat, he looked down at his hands, fiddling with his fingers.

"Hey I already got us a table" he overheard the girl in the booth say over the phone, "He's still missing? I hope you find him" she then said, almost in a sorry way.

Aidan ignored her and read the menu while hoping for the waitress to come any time now, or Jace to come back a little quicker before Aidan asks for a third cup of coffee.

Finally the waitress for their table came up with her pen and notepad, "I'm sorry about the wait, what can I get you?" she asks, with her pen against the note pad. Just when Aidan was about to order Jace came back, the waitress looked at them both now.

"Well? Which one of you is gonna order?" she says, sounding slightly annoyed at the small inconvenience. "I will" Jace almost interrupts, Aidan takes a few sips of his coffee as Jace orders their food.

The waitress takes the menu's and walks away, "You've been glancing at the girl next to us, you ok?" Jace whispers, leaning his head in the direction that the girl was in. Aidan shakes his head, about to grab his mug.

That is until Jace stops him, "Didn't you have a cup before we left the apartment?" he asked, his hand on top of Aidan's. He shakes his head again, "Yeah, it was just one" he answers.

"Mm" Jace hums "You're jittery for having three cups of coffee, are you sure it wasn't maybe four cups you've consumed in the past hour and a half?" Aidan begins to smile, he bites down on his lip to keep himself from smiling more then he already was.

"I've only had three," he responds, tapping his fingers on the mug. "Mhm ok" Jace smiles, taking a sip of his coffee. Aidan didn't know why, but he glanced at the table next to them. The girl was looking at something, but it looked like she was looking at someone who was coming to her table.

"Sorry I took so long, traffic was fucking stupid"

Oh fuck, Aidan thought. "Jace it's Gage, he's here he's at the table next to us" Aidan whispered quickly, and sure enough it was when Jace looked over. "What do you want to do? We can leave" Jace suggested, Aidan shook his head "No, I'm- I'll be fine. As long as he doesn't notice us"