Twelve

—————

For the past two days, Jace had been trying to get a hold of Aidan to see how he was doing. But whenever he would try to call him it would go straight to voicemail.

He tried his best not to think about Aidan too much, but he wasn't the kind of person to ignore calls and texts. Two nights ago when Jace dropped him off at home they were texting.

But then it suddenly stopped.

And from what he was able to gather from Aidan's boyfriend, he wasn't the best person to trust or be in a relationship with. With that, it made Jace worry.

Jace stood at the counter in the tattoo shop, it wasn't usually busy, never really. So there was no harm in telling Jim if he could take a lunch.

When the clock hit 1, Jace went in the back and into the room where Jim was tattooing a client. "Hey is it ok if I take a lunch?" Jace asked, the question had almost made Jim mess up what he was doing.

He stopped what he was doing and looked up at Jace, "How important is it?" Jim asked going back to his client, "Important, I'm worried about a friend who's not doing so great-" he replied while playing with a pen that was in his pocket.

Jim sighed, still focused on the client. "Since you never ask for any off days I'll let you go for an hour, is that enough time?"

Jace nodded, "Yeah, thanks da- Jim" Jace said while he walked out and went to his car.

He was hesitant to go to Aidan's apartment and just show up, what if he was actually busy and Jace was overreacting? Maybe he was, but it didn't hurt to just check up on Aidan.

If Jace wanted to, he could walk to Aidan's apartment. It was only about five minutes there, but he took his car anyway. When he got there, he parked in the visitors parking spot and sat there for a minute.

Jace tried to remember what door Aidan went to, the apartments weren't really in a good area to begin with anyway. There were always drug dealers, crackheads, and tweakers around.

And it also looked like some of them lived here, Jace got out of the car and walked toward the complex.

He knew that Aidan went upstairs last time he dropped him off, so Jace started with the apartments on the second floor.

When he had turned to the corner a man who might have been in his mid forties was outside one of the apartment door, the man had a cigarette in his mouth when he noticed Jace and chuckled lightly.

"You remind me of that kid that lives here, scrawny like him," the man spoke, making Jace stop and look at him.

"Uh- thank you?" he replied. "I'm not sure if you've seen him, or know him but do you know where Aidan lives?" Jace then asked.

The man shook his head, "Yeah, he lives in 202. Ever since he came back a couple days ago its sounded like screaming and stuff, I don't know that's none of my business" he said dropping the cigarette on the ground and putting it out with his foot.

Jace smiled slightly, "Thank you," he says and then goes to the apartment number that the man told him. He didn't want to knock, because what if Aidan's boyfriend was there? It would cause more issues than there already was.