Nineteen

—————

It's been a month since Aidan officially moved in with Jace, since then Aidan has felt more sure of himself, he began to eat regularly again and didn't look deathly skinny anymore.

Something he wondered is what if Jace changed overtime, like Gage did? That's how it started anyway, at first he was nice then turned into a complete asshole.

But Jace reassured Aidan many times that he wasn't going to change, and he meant it.

There was something that still felt unfinished, or missing, incomplete.

But what was it?

Aidan couldn't figure it out to save his life, he began to think about it. It was one in the morning, Aidan was still awake while Jace was asleep. He had waited until he had fallen asleep to then get out of bed.

He couldn't stop thinking about how easy it was to get away from everything that happened, what if it wasn't entirely over with?

What if he finds me and takes me back to his apartment? Aidan thought, he started to bite his thumb nail and sat on the couch.

His thoughts were going insane, he wanted it to just stop. His conscience kept telling him that it was unfair how nothing was actually done about it, you practically let the man who hurt you for months get away with it, his conscience told him.

"There's nothing I could have done to begin with," Aidan mumbled to himself. Yes there was, there were many things that you could have done.

Aidan bit down on his finger nail harder and harder, until he accidentally bit down onto skin. "Fuck" he whispered, pulling his thumb away. "Hey, I'm back" he heard, when he looked in the direction it came from he saw Jace coming inside with a few grocery bags.

He stood up and helped him bring things in, once everything was brought inside he put everything away as well. Organizing everything so it was easier to find when it was needed, it became a habit of Aidan's.

As much as his ADHD liked to fuck with him.

Jace came into the kitchen, smiling a little as he set something down on the counter. He left the kitchen, letting Aidan do his thing, not wanting to bother him. Once Aidan finished organizing the refrigerator he stood up and closed the refrigerator door.

He turned around and saw a red bull on the counter, he smiled and looked around the room to see if Jace was around.

The last couple of times that Jace has gone to the store, he's gotten something for Aidan specifically, first it had been a pack of coke, then a pack of oreos, and now a red bull.

After making sure everything was put away, he felt a hard ruffle up his hair. Aidan smiled a little and turned around seeing Jace, he had changed into something comfortable other than jeans. "Thank you" he started "I saw it and thought of you" Jace answered.

He chuckled a little and shook his head "You said that the last few times you've gone to the store-" he replied and turned back around, grabbing the red bull and opened it. He took a sip and set it back down on the counter.

"Well you're on my mind most of the time" he rested his chin on his shoulder, Aidan smiled, a real smile, not a forced uncomfortable smile, but a genuine smile. "How so?" Aidan asked "You've been on my mind since we met, and I don't mean to come off as sounding weird but I like taking care of you" he spoke softly.

That thought never really occurred to Aidan, unless he was really that over his head "Little me?" but Jace shrugs "Both, I enjoy your company, your cheesy dad jokes, and just you all together" he smiled.