twenty-one.

you throw on some pants, going over to go see connie-- he was hanging out with some friends at his house. you threw on some sweats and some of your pink teddy bear house shoes and walking a few feet to reach his apartment.

you open the door without knocking, hearing boosie blasting on the speaker as the instant clouds of smoke hits your face. it smelt like straight weed.

"your girl is here, connie." you hear a female voice, matching it to a lightskin girl with dark hair and tight eyes. she looked to be older than you-- max 24 or 25.

you look around seeing the familiar dreadheads from last time, you look at the pretty girl and beside her was someone you never wanted to see again.. marquis.

you felt like crying on the spot, he was the biggest asshole you've ever met. he was your "highschool sweetheart" but it was nothing sweet about it. he was manipulative, gaslighting, disrespectful, it was so many things bad things to him.

he was a junior at the time you were a freshman, he cheated the whole time.. before and after high school. you found out in YOUR junior year. you didnt know why you stayed so long.. maybe it was because you didnt know how to be alone at such a young age.

you did the most immature thing ever, you cheated back. after cheating back, he found out and flipped the whole thing on you. he made it seem like you were in the wrong and made it seem like you didnt see what you thought you said.

he had a way with his words, and you believed them. there was a attachment, at the time you didnt believe the man that you had been loving on since you were 14 would ever do you dirty.

when he found out what you did, he went fucking crazy. like actually, you'd never seen him like that. 

he looks up from the rolling tray with that smug face, the bandaid on his light skin standing out. you turn to try and find connie but he was nowhere to be seen.

you look towards his bedroom to see him walking out with a blonde hispanic girl from the looks of it, he laughs at something she says-- handing her something.

"oh hell no." you think as you swiftly walk towards him, grabbing his arm and pulling back into the room. he looks down at you, wondering what your problem was.

it was a silent pause, nobody said anything-- you were the first to speak up. " connie ." you start, gaining a quick "what?"

"why was that girl in here?" you ask him calmly, sitting at the foot of his unmade bed. you were asking before YOU started going crazy. 

he was obviously high, his eyes were low and he couldnt stay focused. "i was selling her some edibles babe." he answers your question.

"she couldnt wait outside?" you ask him with a little sas. " mane, ion got time for interegation." he tries to avoid eye contact with you.

"connie, dont make me turn this bitch out." you warn him as you get up from the bed, smelling him-- it didnt smell strong but he smelt sweet.

after getting a good whiff of him, your hand goes up to his cheek-- leaving a lingering tingling feeling to his right cheek.

"tell the bitch she needs to leave, or ima beat her ass." you point in his face, your long nail touching his nose. "i am not fucking playing." 

he walks out with you behind him, following him like one of those aggressive tiny dogs. "aye, you needa leave." he grabs the girls attention, making her eyebrow arch in confusion. 

she catches the slight side eye from him, making her look at you with a stank face. " problem?' you tilt your head to the side, with a similar face.

"nah shawty." she says, grabbing her jacket and walking out-- slamming the door. as she leaves, one of the dreadheads speak up. "well..."

"well." marquis speaks with a laugh, making your vision flip to him. you glare at him, proceeding to storm out of the apartment-- slamming the door behind you. 

" i see shes still dramatic." marquis makes a comment, gaining a few laughs. connie says nothing and walks out-- following behind you with a sigh. 

you turn around, meeting faces with connie. "who do you know marquis?" you ask, feeling tears start to swell on your lash line.

you didnt wanna cry but it was bound to happen. for some reason you felt hurt even though you didnt think you had a right to be. 

" thats my homie, ive known him since we were younger." he comments, holding eye contact with you. " so you know?"

he pauses, pushing his eyebrows together in confusion. "know what?" he ask you, and you answer  "nothing connie."

you try to walk away but he grabs your forearm, making you come back. "what happened to communication is key?" he ask you, making you sigh out of frustration. 

"why were you in the room with her connie?" you ask him one last time before you started spazzing out. " i promise i was selling to her baby." he holds your hands. 

"im sorry if you feel that way, but you shouldnt have any feelings toward this 'situation' because nothing happened winter." he starts, his tone changing to a soft one.

"you know that i love you and i would never want to hurt you." 

you think about it for a minute. maybe he is right, he does love you. so you had no need to worry.

"if you love me then you'd believe me." he says, making you nod slowly. "i believe you."

he hugs you with a slight smile, pulling you into his arms without a hug back. " i knew you would princess." 

words from cara.

how do you guys feel? ( Q&A next chapter.)