CHAPTER 4

"Alasteir... no matter what happen never trust Brionne Family. Never. "

"Mom....please..." I took my mom's hand ang gently squeeze it, assuring her that everything will be fine.

"They will get your trust and then stab you in the back... that is the kind of people they are."

--

Ever since I could remember, my mom always warned me about the Brionne Family. How manipulative they are, how coniving and evil they are and many more evil stories connecting to their names.

I was only ten at the time when my mom died and even in her death bed she warned me about the Brionne-s.

"Your Grace! Your grace!!"

A Panick scream from Larr echoed through out the hallway and can be heard through my room.

Kunot noo akong tumayo sa kama hindi na ako nag sayang ng oras mag suot ng pangibabaw na damit, agad kong binuksan ang pinto at doon nakita ang aking butler na naghihingalo.

"Anong nangyayari?" Kunot noo kong tanong. Hindi nakaligtas sa aking paningin ang pagtitig ng mga maid ko sa aking katawan at kanilang pamumulang muka.

Tsk. Ngayon lang ba sila nakakita ng perpektong hubog ng katawan? Maglaway kayo.

"Si Madam Lythe... wala po sa kwarto niya." Nagaalalang saad ni Larr.

Taas kilay ko siyang tinignan at animoy nag tatanong what the hell do you mean she's not in her room?

"Her maid went to her room to wake her up but she wasnt there. They tried to look for her but its already been three hours we already looked through out the entire mansion."

A slight rush of fear travelled through my system. Wait...what? Fear? Of what?! Losing that leech? Ha! Never.

I'm just scared that she would run away without signing the divorce papers. Yes. That must be it.

"Deploy every knight of the dukedom, find the Duchess." I said.

"T-the entire squad?" Larr seems to be surprised.

"Your grace that-- that's 90% of the kingdom's army force!"

"Yes. Dont make me repeat myself again. Tsk. That Leech still has not signed the divorce papers running away is not an option." Yes. I own 90% of the army forces of the kingdom.

The Emperor wouldnt mind, since I practically protect this whole damn kingdom.

"Yes your grace..." Larr quickly bowed in respect before running towards the direction of the training ground.

"Hay... Ang babaeng yun talaga, wala ng ginawa sa buhay kundi pasakitin ang ulo ko!" Inis na sigaw ko.

I irritatedly grab my sword and put on a simple shirt before joining the search for the damsel in distress. Tsk.

"Duchess!! Duchess!!"

"Half of the knight search the forest and the other search the perimeters!" I shouted angrily, commanding the knights.

"Yes your grace!" The knights shouted in union.

"Shion, bring me my horse." I ordered. Shion is my second in command. His sword skills are almost on parr with mine.

"Yes your grace!"

The events of what happened last night kept replaying to my mind. Me screaming at her is not news to her, I've always screamed at her, always pushes her away in the course of our marriage.

She usually just ran to her room and cry all night, I thought that was the case last night. I didnt know she ran outside.... a slight hint of guilt past through me.

I Took a deep breathe...I just need to find her and it will be fine. This feeling will go away.

Sakto naman at dumating na ang kabayo na pinakuha ko kay Shion, agad ko itong kinuha sa kanya at sinakyan.

"Shion, ikaw mag command sa kabilang grupo na nag hahanap sa perimeters. Ako na bahala sa grupo na naghahanap sa gubat." Saad ko rito, hindi ko na hinintay ang sagot niya at pina takbo ko na ang kabayo.

"Hyaa!" I shouted in command to my horse. Mighty over here is the fastest horse in the kingdom, proven and tested na to.

Malayo pa lang nakita ko na ang mga kabalyero ko.  They've begun their search. Im only a few feet away from them so I got their really quickly.

"Greeting to your grace--"

"Its fine, skip the greeting. What's the status of the search?" I asked.

"We have only covered 1/4 of the forest your grace, we still have not found her. Were expanding right now. "

I Nodded.

I hurriedly entered the forest to search for Lythe.

Minutes past and Im becoming more anxious. An hour past.... another hour past still no Lythe!

Where the hell could she have been?!

Im pretty sure I've already reach the heart of the forest!

I took a deep breathe to calm my nerves.

I Was about to meet the others back to see if they've found her but a loud howl echoed through the entire forest.

I immediately knew what it was. Thats not just a howl of a werewolf, that's a howl of the Wolf Tribe of Topaz Kingdom.

I quickly followed the sound and it led me to the very far end of the forest, this section of the forest is known for its magical creatures and powerful beasts.

When I arrived I saw a big brown wolf circling around a woman laying on the ground unconscious.

Just a quick glance and I could confirm that woman is Lythe.

"Prince Topaz." I stated manacingly, yes. I know who this creature was. It was the prince of the neighboring kingdom. Topaz kingom.

"Yo! Duke Alasteir!" He casually greeted, as he changed back to his human form, he is now fully naked.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked angrily  clenching my fist trying my hardest not to punch him.

He just shrugged his shoulder at me "Just out for my morning stroll. I didnt expect I would smell something..... sweet" He said nonchalantly while looking at Lythe.

My eyebrow twitch in annoyance....sweet?

"First of all go and put on some clothes you asshole before my wife wakes up." Nagtitimping saad ko sa kanya.

"Your wife?" Gulat nitong saad, tinaasan ko siya ng kilay. Hindi ko nagustogan ang tono ng gagong to.

"YES. MY. WIFE."

--

<END OF CHAPTER>