CHAPTER 2

And Just like that another monthhad past.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you~" I said happily as I walked towards him holding a cake I just baked.

Though he just stared at me with blank expression I just shrugged it off, today is his birthday and I wanted it to be a happy joyous day!

"Happy Birthday to my dearest husbnad!" I happily shouted as I handed him the cake waiting for him to blow the candle.

However instead of blowing the cake he did something that he's been doing everytime I baked him a cake.

He swung his arm around causing the cake to fly and spatter on the floor, the sound of a metal plate colliding to the ground echoed through the entire room.

'Well... there goes another cake that I baked.' I though to myself.

"Just eat your fucking food so we can get this over with already." He said angrily as he continued to eat his meal.

Dont cry. Dont cry Lythe. Its supposed to be a happy day.

I Ignored his words and instead just went back to my seat and picked up the gift I prepared for him, the gift is neatly wrap with gold gift wrapper and a cute red ribbon on top.

And just like every year, I always include a heartfelt letter along with my gift.

I was going to give it to him after we ate his cake but.. I guess plans change.

"Ah! Grand Duke here's my gift! I made it myself" I said smiling from ear to ear as I hand him the box, it took me a full month to make this gift, I poured my heart and soul making it!

"Unless its a divorce paper. I dont want it." His cold and monotone voice pierce through my heart with his statement.

I was still holding the gift I made, he just looked at it and went back to his meal. My arms are getting tired waiting for him to take the gift from my hand.

But he didnt.... He took one last bite of his stake and stood up from his chair and walked past me.

I Chuckled. Another birthday of his went by that we didnt get to celebrate properly and another gift of mine wasted.

I pump by chest with my left fist thinking it may ease my pain but it didnt. No matter how many times he denied and rejected me, I still love him. Only him. I just need him.

"Next week there will be a ball in the palace, The emperor will make an announcement regarding the 10th treaty celebration of the seven kingdom. Every noble is required to attend." Alasteir stated before slamming the door closed.

--

[ALASTEIR'S POV]

"Larr, is the carriage ready?" I said. Larr, my butler bowed in respect "the carriage is already ready for you your grace."

I nodded in response. "Greetings to the Grand Duke of the Tanzanite Kingdom." The coachman greeted.

"To the South." I said and went inside the carriage.

I Took one last glance at the mansion and there on the balcony specificaly 'that woman's' balcony, a girl standing with pride on the railing with hands on her sword as her cape flew againts the wind with her red eyes she looked at me with fury and anger.

Tsk. Blood.

If I were to choose I would have cut that pathetic knight's head the moment Lythe came to the dukedom with her.