Ch. 9

With no training and, as far as you know, no missions either, you woke up knowing exactly what your own personal mission for today is; to befriend Dust and Red. You haven't gotten to know them very well, nowhere near as well as the others. You knew exactly who would be willing to help you, texting Killer and Horror your plan before getting ready. 

Per usual, you go to the dining room, and everyone eats. After breakfast, you headed to the living room, waiting. After so long, Horror, Killer, Dust, and Red all walked in. When they did, Dust and Red gave almost a glare, Horror and Killer not noticing. They ushered Dust and Red to sit while they stayed by the doorway. Instead of sitting, however, they both leaned up against the wall. They knew if they teleported the other two would just bring them right back, they could already tell. To them, Y/n had the two wrapped around her finger, and probably some of the others as well. They didn't seem to really trust her. 

Y/n spoke up first, "I had Killer and Horror bring you here so I could get to know you both better. I know the least about the two of you compared to the others. So, I'd like to be able to ask you both questions and you can ask me questions to get to know each other better. Would that be, ok?"

They both look between each other. "How do we know ya aight lyin'?" Red spoke. 

"You could just ask Nightmare, couldn't you?" You were well aware of Nightmare's power to detect lying and appreciated that he wouldn't really push you much to talk when you weren't ready. 

They looked between each other again, then both nodded to you, "Fine, we'll play your stupid game." Dust, this time, speaking, though seemingly not very happy about it. Red nodded along, also not appearing to be very happy. 

As if on cue (and probably already knowing what was going to be happening), Nightmare appeared in the room, " I heard I may be needed." The skeletons seemed to become more anxious at his sudden appearance, Dust and Red especially. 

He sat on the couch near you and asked to be informed of what was about to happen to the "poor idiots." You and Killer quickly explained, and Nightmare agreed, while also warning everyone to not ask to personal of questions (he mainly didn't want to deal with a mental breakdown or anything of the sort at the moment). 

With all said and done, Dust decided to start, "What exactly do you think your position is here? What are you trying to achieve?" 

Starting out with heavier questions I see; I had hoped they would be more starter questions but that's fine! "I suppose I see myself simply as a support of this team. If you are insinuating that I have plans to try and became the new leader of this group, you are very mistaken. If anything, i wish to help out and maybe make some friends..." Your voice trails off at the last part, feeling a bit sorry for yourself. 

"Awwww, Y/nnnn, you've already made so many friends heree, it's okk." Killer ran over to you for a hug, which you happily accepted. 

Dust, seemingly unconvinced, looked towards Nightmare, to which he only nods, confirming that it was all true. 

now it was Y/n's turn, "Red, killer mentioned that you soemtimes go back to your universe to family, so what family do you have?"

Red seemed a bit surprised at the question, but also a bit happy, " I just have a little brother, you kinda reminded me of him when he was younger." Red seemed to be looking elsewhere, as if there was a flashback playing in that direction that only he could see. If there was, he smiled at this. Dust didn't look very happy; it was as if Red was falling for her as well. This girl couldn't possibly be this nice for no reason, right? She has to want something from them all, he was sure of it.

"What about your family, you told Killer you didn't have any, how true is that?" Dust gave you another skeptical look, it seemed he wasn't buying anything you said. This question hurt you a bit, but you were still willing to answer. Killer, who was still next to you, could tell this, and simply took hold of and squeezed your hand for comfort, which you appreciated greatly.