The Tell

(AN: This one is shorter. And also went with an idea that @doloreshollingsworth suggested. Let me know if anyone else has any other suggestions)

Dad made me stay home while he let Stiles go out on patrol with him. I'm only a year younger than Stiles. They're probably eating take-out from our favorite diner and having curly fries. Well, Stiles is. Dad's not allowed to have them anymore. They finally get home and Stiles runs into my room.

"Dude."

"Let me guess. A murder."

"How'd you know?"

"Something always happens when you're with Dad, so why not."

"True. Anyway, Jackson and Lydia were there."

"What? Is Lydia okay?"

" Jackson was mad at Dad because he told him he couldn't go home yet."

"I didn't ask about Jackson. I asked about Lydia."

He rolls his eyes. "I think she's fine. She was in the car the whole time."

I nod, kinda satisfied. "Anyway, I was about to go to bed. Can you close the door on your way out? You're such a pal." He scoffs and leaves, closing the door. "Thank you!"

"Yeah, yeah!"

*****

I meet Stiles in the hallway as he walks out of his class. He's on the phone with Scott, who ditched school to be with Allison.

"Finally! Have you been getting any of my texts?..... Do you have any idea what's going on? Lydia is totally M.I.A., Jackson looks like he's got a timebomb inserted into his face, another random guy's dead, and you have to do something about it....... Something." Scott hangs up on him and Stiles shakes his head.

"He's not gonna do anything, is he?"

"Probably not... Anyway, after school, I'm gonna stop by Lydia's to see how she's doing."

"How come you get to go see her?"

"Because I'm the only one who can drive at the moment and I'm not just gonna sit in the jeep for who knows how long while you talk to her. And what's with you? Why do you care so much all of a sudden?"

"Oh...Um... No reason. Can't I be worried about a friend?" He rolls his eyes and drives home.

*****

After Stiles comes back from Lydia's, he starts pacing around his room, trying to call Scott again. I take a seat on his bed.

"Hey, it's me again. Look, I found something, and I don't know what to do, okay? So if you could turn your phone on right now, that'd be great. Or else I'll kill you. Do you understand me? I'm gonna kill you."

I look up and see Dad standing in the doorway. "Uh, Stiles..."

"And I'm too upset to come up with a witty description about how exactly I'm gonna kill you, but I'm just gonna do it, okay? I'm gonna--Ugh! Goodbye." He hangs up, throwing his phone next to me on the bed, and sits in his chair. He lays his head on his arms and sighs.

Dad knocks on the door, scaring him. "Please tell me I'm gonna hear good news at this parent/teacher thing tonight."

"Depends on how you define good news."

"I define it as you getting straight A's with no behavioral issues. Like your brother."

"You might wanna rethink that definition."

"Enough said." With that, Dad turns around to go downstairs. Stiles sighs and I hand him his phone, which he sets on his desk and stares at it for a few minutes. He takes another phone into his hand, I recognize it as Lydia's and re-watches a video he got a hold of, showing a huge monster-like werewolf.

"Come on, Scott. Where the hell are you?" He says to himself, tossing the phone onto his desk. After a few minutes, he grabs the phone again and starts to delete it.

"You're not gonna delete it are you?" Instead of answering me, he confirms the deletion. "Stiles..."

*****

Later that night, after everyone had their parent/teacher conferences. Something was going through the parking lot. Dad saw a glimpse of it and went after it, yelling at everyone to move out of the way. It knocked him down and as he was about to shoot it, Chris Argent, Allison's father, shot it. As the attacker lay on the ground, everyone gathered around it. It was a mountain lion. (AN: I know this part sucks**)