Magic Bullet

"Dude, I cannot wait to get home to go to bed." I sigh tiredly as I follow Stiles to the jeep.

"You can't go to bed right when we get home."

"Why not?"

"Cause then you will be up close to midnight and not go back to sleep."

"Right." He backs the jeep up and heads towards the exit when someone walks out in front of us. Stiles quickly slams on his brakes and I recognize who it is. Derek Hale. And he looks like he's in pain.

"Oh my god!" The person behind us starts blowing their horn, not knowing why we stopped suddenly. Derek falls to the ground, not able to stand up anymore. "You've got to be kidding me. This guy's having--"

Scott runs over quickly. "What the hell?" Stiles gets out of the jeep quickly and they both get over to Derek. After a minute or two of talking, they finally get Derek in the passenger seat after making me get in the back.

Derek looks at Scott. "I need you to find out what kind of bullet they used."

"How the hell am I supposed to do that?"

"Cause she's an Argent. She's with them."

"Why should I help you?"

"Because you need me."

"Fine. I'll try." Stiles finally gets in and Scott looks at him. "Get him out of here."

My brother glares at his best friend. "I hate you for this so much." Stiles puts the jeep back in drive and drives off.

*****

While driving down the road, Stiles gets mad because Scott texted that he needed more time and throws his phone back down, glancing at Derek.

"Hey, try not to bleed out on my seats, okay? We're almost there."

"Almost where?"

"Your house."

Derek quickly looks at him. "What? No, you can't take me there."

"I can't take you to your own house?"

"Not when I can't protect myself."

Stiles then pulls off to the side of the road. "What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Hmm. Are you dying?"

"Not yet. I have a last resort."

"What do you mean? What last resort?" About that time, Derek pulls up his sleeve, revealing a nasty-looking bullet hole in his arm. I grimace. "Oh, my god. What is that? Oh, is that contagious? You know what, you should just get out."

I look at him. "Stiles."

"Start the car. Now." Derek commanded and Stiles just looks at him.

"I don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look, okay? In fact, I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out into the middle of the road and leave you for dead."

"Start the car, or I'm gonna rip your throat out...with my teeth." They stare at each other for a good 10-15 seconds and Stiles starts the car up and continues down the road.

*****

It's been hours, we haven't really heard anything from Scott and we're just parked on the side of the road. Stiles just finally called him.

"What am I supposed to do with him?" He sighs. "And, by the way, he's starting to smell........ Like death....... What about your boss?" He sighs again and starts to hand the phone to Derek. "You're not gonna believe where he's telling me to take you." Derek takes the phone from Stiles' hand.