When one of her friends tried to move closer to stop me, I slapped her away and then pushed Evelyn to the ground, straddling her waist before I started to punch her anywhere my fists could find.

She, a mere female wolf, trained by her mother to be a 'lady' and not a warrior, couldn't raise her hands to protect herself. The only thing she could do was take the beating she deserved until someone pulled me off her and then punched me in the face.

Cassie's brother, Jeffery. I knew who he was from that right hook he had always treated me to while I was 'training' with the young adult pack enforcers.

When I staggered away, he didn't stop. Instead, he bent slightly to sweep my legs from under me. And then straddled me like I had straddled Evelyn raining punches down on me. When I wanted to fight back, someone held my arms down so I could only lie there to receive the heavy punches from his ruthless fists.

By the time they let me go, I was dizzy with pain and probably had a concussion, so I let them drag me back to the pack to Alpha Vincent's office.

***

By the time I got to Alpha Vincent's office, the drowsiness had passed, the slight concussion was gone, and the pain from the beating I'd taken had simmered down to aches and throbbing. This was one reason why my father had started training me into a little warrior when I was younger. I healed fast.

I sat in front of Alpha Vincent's desk with my head down and my disheveled hair covering my eyes and listened to him talk as though he was the most reasonable and caring Alpha in the world. But all his words were indirectly coercing me to hand over my Camdine Academy special admission ticket voluntarily.

So they'd done all this for the ticket again.

Unlike before I had read my parents' letter, I now knew that I had control over what happened to that admission ticket that had been bought with my parents' sweat and blood in the Supernatural Council.

So I waited patiently for Alpha Vincent to finish his useless spiel before raising my head to stare at him from behind my bangs.

"You wanted to use this incident to get me to voluntarily turn in my Camdine Academy special admission tickets to you, right? That was why you allowed Evelyn to take pack enforcers in training to that cottage to kill those snakes. But I think you're being ridiculous. You can't throw me out of the pack without a tangible reason. What makes you think you can force me to give up my Camdine Academy admission ticket?" My words were quiet, but only I knew how hard I was holding back from hurling insults at this greedy Alpha who wanted to steal what was mine.

Alpha Vincent obviously didn't expect me to say these things out loud.

His eyes turned frosty with every word I said, but I was beyond caring. I wanted to shove it in his face how much I knew about his operation of this pack from what my parents had told me, but my last bit of sense overpowered my anger and stopped me from painting a bright red target on my back.

"You'll get my Camdine Academy special admission ticket over my dead body. I don't mind you calling the Supernatural Council. By the time someone professionally examines those two snakes, they'll realize what you did. You killed a 500-year-old snake and a 300-year-old snake that had gained soul wisdom. I'm pretty sure that's a crime. You could weasel yourself out of it, but what about Evelyn and those enforcers who had gone with her to that cottage? The negative points for their actions would always be on their Supernatural Council file."

Alpha Vincent bared his teeth at me with a hard glint in his eyes. "Are you threatening me?"

"No. I'm simply buying myself refuge from you and your pack. I know you want to kill me now, but I don't think it's a good idea. My parents left a few things in place in case I die suddenly." I didn't even shake as I bluffed my way out of a sudden death.