𝟏𝟎. 𝐍𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐚

Comenzar desde el principio

"Well, what drove you South?" Grace asks curiously.

"Well, I can tell you it wasn't the weather. I must've dropped 30 pounds in sweat only down here," Dave chuckles out, his eyes darting around the bar.

"I wish," Tony chimes in.

"No, first it was D.C. I heard there might be some type of refugee camp, but the roads were so jammed we never got close. We decided to get off the highways, into the sticks, keep hauling ass. Every group we came across had a new rumor about a way out of this thing," Dave announces, shrugging his shoulders.

"One guy told us there was a coast guard sitting down in the gulf, sending ferries down to the islands," Tony speaks up and Grace cocks an eyebrow with interest.

"The latest was a rail yard in Montgomery running trains to the middle of the country- Kansas, Nebraska," Dave suggests and Grace shifts her weight uneasily.

"Nebraska?" Glenn asks with confusion written all over his face.

"Low population, lots of guns," Dave informs the young boy.

"Makes sense," Glenn nods his head.

"You ever been to Nebraska, kid? A reason they call them flyover states. How about you guys?" Dave asks, leaning over with interest.

"Fort Benning eventually," Rick clears his throat.

"I hate to piss in your cornflakes, officer, but we ran across a grunt who was stationed at Benning, said the place was overran by lame brains," Dave reveals and Grace's eyes widen.

"Wait, Fort Benning is gone. Are you for real?" Glenn's mouth gapes open as he leans over the counter.

"Sadly, I am. Oddly, the truth is there is no way out of this mess. Just keep going from one pipe dream to next, praying one of these mindless freaks doesn't grab you in your sleep," Dave sighs out, lowering his head.

"If you sleep," Tony replies dryly.

"Yeah, it doesn't look like you guys are hanging your hats here. You holed up somewhere else?" Dave asks, his eyes darting around.

"Not really," Rick speaks calmly and Grace glances over at him.

"Those your cars out front?" Dave asks, glancing outside the window.

"Yeah. why?" Glenn speaks up.

"Well, we're living in ours. Yours looks kind of empty, clean. Where's all your gear?" Dave asks, suspicious.

"We're with a largest group, out scouting. Figure we could use a drink," Hershel speaks up and Dave furrows his eyebrows.

"A drink? Hershel, I thought you quit. Well, we're thinking of setting up around here. Is it safe?" Dave chuckles out, catching the group in a lie.

"It can be. Although, I killed a couple of walkers around here," Glenn points out, his palms becoming sweaty.

"Walkers? That's what you call them?" Dave asks.

"Yeah," Glenn chuckles out, nervously.

"Good. I like that better than lamebrains. So what, you guys set up on the outskirts or something? That new development?" Dave asks, chewing on his bottom lip.