First Lance

Gligamesh

When we stepped foot on the ground, my eyes were treated with a hard to see sight. In the distance, soldiers laid dead on the ground. Dicathen soldiers.

Arthur finally landed as well, and was confused as to why I was quiet.

"What's wron-" I interrupted him by gesturing towards the scenery. His eyes widened as he covered his mouth. This must've been the first time he saw such a scene, atleast in this life.

"There's someone who's still alive. Let's go." Upon hearing my words, he practically jumped towards the corpses and spreading his eyes upon everything.

"Is...Is someone there?" A feeble voice called out from the direction I was walking towards. The way it was coming from...was the entrance, or maybe exit of another dungeon.

Arthur dropped his sword when he looked at who the voice was coming from.

"Lance...Alea?" His throat became dry and his footsteps gained weight. I wouldn't blame him.

The woman on the ground before us was left near death by someone, with all her wounds closed so that she wouldn't bleed to death, but rather die from the pain. 

(A/N: Basically same as Alea's state from canon.)

"Who...is it?" Her voice sounded raspy as she struggled to even breathe.

"I'm Arthur! We met at the Academy a few days ago!" By this point Arthur had kneeled besides her and was conjuring water droplets for her to drink, which she thanked him for. But his efforts to give her his mana to help her heal were in vain. This woman, was going to die. 

Suddenly, Arthur's mind snapped and her turned towards me, "Gilgamesh! You can save her can't you!?!" His expression was desperate. 

I don't understand. He should've only met her once, but his desire to save her life is genuine. Searching through my memory for a few seconds, I replied.

"Maybe I can, but why should I? I don't even know who she is, except that she's apparently a Lance." I sighed. 

Arthur's grit his teeth. He had realized that I was speaking the truth. Saving her life was the right thing to do, but that wasn't going to be an incentive for me. 

"What...is there someone else? What do you mean save my life?" The woman's voice carried confusion rather than hope. She wasn't convinced that anyone could save her at this point.

"...wait, you said it. Gilgamesh! She's a Lance. From what you told me yesterday, the other continent only has malicious intent. Then keeping her alive would be beneficial to you, no matter what your motive is! If she dies then Dicathen will have already started losing!" Arthur tried to reason with me, and I smiled in return.

"Well done. While what you said still isn't a reason for me, you've proved to me that you can still think rationally in any situation. Consider this your reward for your win against the monsters earlier." I opened a gate and brought forth a cup filled with water. It wasn't the Holy Grail, but one drop from this cup onto the woman, and her body had begun to heal itself. Her limbs had started to regrow, her eyesight was returning and color was back to her skin and hair.

(A/N: I don't know much about Fate but I'd like to think that there's atleast one such item in Giglamesh's 'infinite' treasury.)

Her eyelids fluttered open, and she finally saw her savior. Tears were flowing constantly, from both her and Arthur. 

"Who...are you?" Her first thought was to ask my identity rather than thank me...well, no matter.

"I'm Gilgamesh." 

"Gilgamesh...thank you for saving my life. Really, thank you!" She bowed her head repeatedly. Her green hair flowing all over the place and her cheeks blushing. Arthur also bowed towards me.

"Now that you're no longer in danger of death, tell us what happened here." I gave an order which was swiftly complied with.

.

.

.