Fun and Fight

Gilgamesh

I had agreed to tell Arthur about the other continents if he lets me tag along during his school trip. He said its difficult, almost impossible to bring me. 

Then I suggested I simply hide my presence and observe, and he agreed. The reason for my insistence was simple - I wanted to see how strong Arthur was.

So here I am, in a Tavern in the beast glades. The Leywins offered to let me stay at their house, but I refused saying I have a house of my own. It would be more efficient to travel to the dungeon from this tavern after all.

This particular Tavern wasn't bad at all. Most of the customers were always drunk and never bothered me, and there was a platform where a dark-skinned dancer performed during the night. A mini-skirt short enough to display her sacred place on more than one occasion, a skimpy bra barely enough to cover her areola and a translucent garb to cover her face below her eyes. Her choice of clothes reminded me of Uruk, and this nostalgia allowed me to relax. 

Funny enough, I never sat close to the platform, but her eyes glanced over me more times than I care to recall. I knew that gaze well. As a King and a male, you would be a dunce if you couldn't recognize when a woman wants something from you. I was aware that my clothes did nothing to hide my chest, so I don't blame her per say. 

When the waitress came over to clean my table, I spoke these words with an emotionless face, "Make sure the dancer knows which room is mine." She winked and went back to the kitchen with a skip in her steps.

...

The Next Day...

Arthur and his classmates are gathered in front of the dungeon entrance along with an adult. I was a few hundred meters in the air to avoid detection. There was a particular elf in the group that seemed close to Arthur. 

A few minutes to procrastinating and the students finally went inside. I could feel this dungeon having an underground tunnel that led to a powerful mana signature. The beasts that came out however, were petty compared to it.

Even though I thought that, apparently they were difficult to handle for the students and they began retreating. Frustrated, I saw an opportunity and decided to separate Arthur from these weaklings.

I used mana to push the adult and the elf, the only people near him towards the entrance and then made the ceiling crash down. Thus creating a barrier that would be nigh impossible for them to break before I had accomplished my objective. I made myself visible to Arthur.

"With this, you can go all out. Show me your strength, the reincarnate known as Arthur Leywin." I declared and stood in front of the rubble, making sure he couldn't just escape.

He gave an awkward smile, but I knew he sensed that his classmates were safe. And thus, my fun began.

Arthur Leywin

Well, this certainly was a situation I didn't expect. Is Gilgamesh trying to gauge out my value? 

If so, then I better give him a show.

Remaining were the 5 Widow Queens. I released all my elements and their deviants, saving Realmheart for a crucial moment. 

(A/N: I have no fucking idea how actual widow queens fight so I'mma make my own.)

One of them broke into a quick dive, heading towards me with mana concentrated at its beak. I stood still, and then at the last moment, using thunderclap impulse, I side-stepped to the left with kicked its head to the right. It crashed in the ground next to me. Making sure there was enough distance between the other mana beasts and I, I clothed dawn's ballad in fire and pierced the core of the struggling queen, finishing it off. 

Apparently this pissed off the other beasts, because 2 of them enhanced their speech with sound magic and let a shout out that threatened to deafen me. I protected my ears with mana and used wind to jump up to one of them. Combined with thunderclap impulse that I never deactivated, my speed surprised it and allowed me to slice her head off. I didn't use fire this time so I don't accidentally cauterize the wound, I wanted it to bleed to death. 

Now then, 3 more. 

The one closest to me closed it wings and fell to ground. Landing with a crash, it pour mana into its legs and imitated the move I had just performed. Except I was back on the ground, so its body was horizontal when it hit me. Thankfully I managed to make a cluster of rocks to prevent my body from being pierced, and used wind to soften the blow on my back when I crashed into the wall. It let out a sneer, it was laughing at me. Enraged, I unleashed Realmheart. 

"Downforce."

I let out the full force of my gravity magic and crushed the beast where it was standing. The puddle of blood it made stopped right before Gilgamesh's feet and he showed an approving smirk. At the sight of my glowing figure, the remaining 2 queens began to flee. I concentrated black lightning on one of my fingertips, and released it in the direction of one of them. It destroyed its mana core without resistance. Now, only 1 remains. I threw a giant boulder of clay to seal up the hole it was trying to escape into. So instead, it just crawled to the wall furthest from me. Slowly, I walked towards it. Its head was several meters above me, but it was clear who was looking down on whom. I placed my palm on its shivering body, and activated absolute zero. It spread from its feet to its stomach, from its core to its head. Within seconds its entire body was nothing more than cold dirt on the ground.

Releasing realmheart, I wobbled slightly but regained my balance. Turning my head towards the figure watching me, I yelled, "Satisfied?"

"Quite." Came the response. I let out a sigh and slumped on the ground, attempting to refill my mana reserve. 

"What are you doing? We aren't done yet." Gilgamesh spoke as he blew open a hole in the ground.

"Huh? You can't possibly mean that I fight against yo-" I was broken off by his laugh.

"Idiot. Of course I don't mean that. We're going down."

"Down? You mean underground? Why?" My confused self stood up and walked over to the hole. Staring down, I could feel darkness staring back and it sent a shiver down my spine.

"There's two mana signatures down there. One is just lingering and one is fading. Let's go." Saying that, Gilgamesh just jumped down. Well he could probably fly so he'd be fine. 

Meanwhile, I gulped in horror, thinking of ways to survive the fall. Eventually giving up, I sheathed my sword and jumped after him. 

.

.

.