The Revelation

Gilgamesh

Looks like it was a good idea to accompany this peculiar group. The look that the auburn-haired kid had on his face...he knows me.

Which means either this world is not different, and just really really far from mine, or the kid is a reincarnate.

The screams of the mother and sister finally started to get on my nerves.

"Calm down, he just fainted from exhaustion." I blurted out, hoping to get the situation under control.

"H-How do you know?" The kid's father, who regained his calm the quickest hit me with that question, desperation clear in his voice.

"I am a higher mage than him, so I can sense what is happening to his body. Its something to do with mana exhaustion and his beast will needing mana." I spoke some random lies, but anything will sound believable to parents in this situation. "Just take him to his room and let him rest."

A few of the group sneered at me for my cruel remark devoid of emotion, but obliged nonetheless. After that we sat down, everyone except the kid's mother who was in his room, and introductions were underway.

The kid's name is Arthur Leywin. He's always been a prodigy and has surpassed all Twin Horn members. And the thing I'm most interested in...is the fact that he was born here but developed his mana core earlier than anyone else.

That confirms it, Arthur is a reincarnate. By this moment, food had arrived and Arthur's mother had come down to eat. His sister was about to check on him before I interrupted.

"Allow me to take a look at him, maybe I can help him regain his strength." I purposefully phrased it in a way that will make me look concerned, which I was. 

"R-Really? Please! I can't thank you enough!" Arthur's mother started showering me with praises.

"Yeah! I see! You didn't say anything earlier because Alice was with Arthur! Please, allow me to show you where his room is." Arthur's father prompted me to follow him.

"Calm yourselves...Alice, Reynolds. Everything is just a possibility until it actually happens." Feeling awkward, I attempted to bring the attention down.

"Everything is what now?" Arthur's sister was as confused as everyone else.

...

When we arrived at his room, Reynolds opened the door slowly and turned to face me with a serious face this time.

"Helen and Adam told me how you performed in the dungeon. I know you're no ordinary mage, that's why I have decided to trust you with my son. My son...Arthur does not know how to hold himself back. I beg you, release his burden as much as you can." He slightly bowed, not going further down so he could still watch my reaction.

I didn't reply, instead I smirked at his eagerness and simply walked into the room, leaving him confused and the door closed.

But when I walked closer, I realized that I won't actually have to do anything.

"So, looks like you know who I am." I spoke aloud, taking a seat on the chair near the bed.

"Y-Yeah." I got a response.

"Then you should know what to do." I half spoke. half threatened.

"...Yeah." He got up from the bed, knelt on one knee in front of me, and spoke the words I hadn't heard since arriving in this world. 

"This one humbly greets the man who freed Humanity from the Gods, the King of Heroes, King Gilgamesh."

"Very well, rise." I finally looked at his face and examined him. There was a hint of nervousness but no anger or fear, and a lot of respect. 

...

After talking for a while, I found out that Arthur was also a king, albeit a puppet one. Hence he had heard of my legend and revered me in his past life.

"By the way, Arthur." 

"Yes, King Gilgamesh?" 

"Stop calling me King, for now at least."

"I understand." He nodded.

"Do you know there are other continents?"

"Yes...wait continents? More than one? Are you sure?" He bombarded me with questions. But I responded with one of my own.

"This school trip of yours...can I tag along?"

.

.

.

Note: I won't mince words, I'll rush this series to a cliffhanger ending like my other ff. There should be 3-4 more chapters, 2 if I write long ones. I might come back to this one though.