INT. IMPALA – DAY

Sam jerked awake. It was November 10, 2005, and he was riding shotgun next to Dean, Juliette in back, Foreigner's Hot-Blooded was playing, and the cemetery visit was days behind them if it ever occurred.

Sam blinked and rubbed his eyes. Dean and Juliette looked over, concerned.

"You okay?" Dean and Juliette asked.

Sam glanced over and away. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Dean and Juliette nodded. "Another nightmare?"

Sam cleared his throat.

"You wanna drive for a while?" Dean offered.

Sam laughed. "Dean, your whole life you never once asked me that."

"Just thought you might want to. Never mind."

"Look, man, you and Jules are worried about me. I get it, and thank you, but I'm perfectly okay."

"Mm-hm," Dean and Juliette hummed.

Sam grabbed a map. "All right, where are we?"

"We are just outside of Grand Junction," Dean replied.

Sam folded down the map, which was of Colorado and had a large red X labeled 35-111. "You know what? Maybe we shouldn't have left Stanford so soon."

Juliette let out a sigh. "Sam, we dug around there for a week. We came up with nothing. If you wanna find the thing that killed Jessica—"

"We gotta find Dad first."

"Dad disappearing—and this thing showing up again after twenty years, it's no coincidence," Dean said. "Dad will have answers. He'll know what to do."

"It's weird, man. These coordinates he left us. This Blackwater Ridge."

"What about it?"

"There's nothing there. It's just woods." He put down the map. "Why is he sending us to the middle of nowhere?"

They drove past the National Forest sign that said, "Welcome to LOST CREEK COLORADO National Forest".

EXT. RANGER STATION – DAY

The Impala was parked next to a sign that says "RANGER STATION Lost Creek Trail, Lost Creek National Forest".

Sam said, "So Blackwater Ridge is pretty remote."

INT. RANGER STATION – DAY

Sam looked at a 3D map of the national forest, paying particular attention to the ridge labeled "BLACKWATER RIDGE". Dean and Juliette looked at the decorations.

Sam continued. "It's cut off by these canyons here, rough terrain, dense forest, abandoned silver and gold mines all over the place."

"Dude, check out the size of this freaking bear," Dean commented and Juliette let out a light laugh.

Sam looked over. Dean was looking at a framed photo of a man standing behind a much larger bear.

Sam came to stand between Dean and Juliette before saying, "And a dozen or more grizzlies in the area. It's no nature hike, that's for sure."

A forest ranger, Ranger Wilkinson, walked up behind them. When he spoke, Dean, Juliette and Sam whipped around, startled.

"You kids aren't planning on going out near Blackwater Ridge by any chance?" Ranger Wilkinson said.

"Oh, no, sir, we're environmental study majors from UC Boulder, just working on a paper," Sam replied.

Sam and Juliette laughed a little.