24. Tits, obviously

Start from the beginning

Nyra saw Taelon and Tommen talking on the cliffside. No Laena in sight. She didn't know why she was worried. Laena was a child but still, if father persuaded him though. A storm was brewing in the distance but Taelon always liked the storms. Said it felt like he was being cleansed so he could get back to causing trouble. 

"Baratheon?" 

"No, I dont think so." Taelon remarked. 

"Martell?" 

"Those cunts never come for anything. They like hiding."  Tommen nodded in agreement. "To bad you dont have a sister Strong." Taelon remarked. 

"You want to fuck my imaginary sister?" Tommen asked. 

"I don't know what does she look like?" Taelon mused. 

"Me with tits, obviously." Tommen teased already laughing. "Oh you know who has great tits?"

"I think youre going to tell me." 

"Your cousin." Tommen declared. 

"Which- Davina." 

"What happened to her?" Tommen whined. "She was fun. She was my first." 

"Mine too." Taelon recalled. "She's across the narrow fucking sea last I heard."

"Married?" 

"No, she had a habit of burning husbands." Taelon reminded him. 

"That was a damn good wedding." Tommen countered. 

"Damn good." Taelon agreed. 

"Narrow sea?" 

"Yep." Taelon confirmed. 

''Damn, raven her. Tell her we are in a crisis."

"For my father or me?' Taelon countered. 

"What? No, no, no, for me." Tommen corrected. 

"Hey." Nyra said walking up to them. "What are you doing?" 

"Dealing with unions." Tommen informed her seriously. 

"Avoiding unions." Taelon corrected. 

"Thats..." Nyra raised her shoulders up to her ears not having words. 

"You saw Father with Laena didnt you?" Taelon asked. SHe did. That didnt bother her, well just a bit but Tommen bringing LAena to Taelon that made her heart stop. 

"Yeah, I knew the day would come for father but it just seems... I mean we are all good the way we are." Nyra offered and as soon as she said it she wished she could take it back. That wasnt what she meant. She meant father being single, Taelon being unwed until the moment he decided, realized really that Nyra was the girl for him. 

"I mean..." Nyra started to back track. 

"We are good. Arent we?" Taelon agreed as she sat between them. 

+

'The Small Council is urging me to remarry. It seems the realm wants for a new queen." Viserys told Alicent

"A good and kind queen will give comfort to your subjects." Alicent offered. "Does the Small Council have a particular lady in mind?'

"Uh..." Viserys said awkwardly. "Lord Corlys Velaryon has offered the hand of his daughter, the Lady Laena."

"A very strong match, Your Grace." Alicent agreed. Laena for Viserys and herself for Taelon? What a thought, a stupid thought but a thought nonetheless. She had, had a crush on Taelon since they came to the capital. Now Taelon gave her that flutter in her chest and her father wanted her to seduce Viserys. Alicent tried to picture Viserys younger, did he look like Taelon? She didnt think so. Taelon was so tall and handsome, she imagined he was always so perfect. Looking at Viserys now... he was older, he was a kind man but Taelon was Taelon and how could anyone compete with Taelon? They couldnt. 

"I must admit, I, I don't know Laena very well." Viserys admitted.

"I'm sure that she is good and kind, and that she will enjoy your company, as I have, Your Grace." Alicent told him kindly, her father would not be happy about that but she certainly was. Then she remember the gift she didnt even know what it was but she held it out for him. "I brought you something. I asked the stonemasons to mend it."

"This is, um, a very kind gesture, Alicent." Viserys remarked. 'Very kind.' He said looking over the chest inside revealed a little dragon statue. He ran his hands along the dragon when a knock rapped on the door. 'Come.'

'The Hand, Your Grace.' Ser Harrold told him closing the door as Otto walked in, Otto looked to Alicent, her stance distant and posture rigid. She was clearly failing and didnt know how to seduce anyone.

'Your Grace, I've called the Small Council to an emergency session.' Otto said looking down at his daughter.

"Why?" Viserys questioned.

"I think it best you hear it directly." Otto told him.

"Very well." Viserys agreed as they headed out. "Someone find Taelon."