Gojo x Reader

I yawned as I trudged through the empty streets. Exhaustion flooded my body as I groggily tried to navigate my way home. Another long day of work and little to no sleep had me moving like a living corpse.

My vision was blurred, definitely not a good sign as well as unfavorable when it was already dark. Lucky for me the street lamps illuminated patches of the street but anything could be lingering in the shadows that I wouldn't be able to see or defend myself from.

I wonder if he's waiting for me. I chuckled to myself softly. It'd be a miracle if I got home to find out. Hopefully he was even home at all. The thought made me stumble, my hand sliding to balance myself against a nearby wall. Why think about this now?

He's made it clear that we were nothing more than friends. He can go wherever he wants and be with whoever each night. It doesn't concern me no matter how many times I wish it did.

I couldn't help the disappointed mood that I was now deep in. My eyes squeezed shut tight to recoordinate myself. I just needed to get home regardless of who might or might not be there.

Taking a tentative step, my leg gave out from beneath me. My body swayed forward before something strong wrapped around my waist to keep me from falling all the way to the ground. I blinked slowly as my gaze focused on the person who now held me close to them. A bittersweet feeling flooded my brain at the sight of Gojo. He smirked at me, pulling me in tighter against his body.

"You're out pretty late. Should I be jealous?" he questioned with a scandalous eyebrow raise. His blindfold was off and I couldn't help but stare dumbly at his bright eyes.

"I'm so tired it's not even funny. I didn't think I'd make it home," I averted his suddenly concerned gaze. It hurt too much to let myself think he cared. I sighed, my body only being held up by Gojo's hold on me. He shifted against me, leaning down to pick me up as my eyes shot open in shock.

"What are you doing?!" I questioned in a flustered daze, my hands instantly grabbing his shoulders to steady myself. Something about being held in Gojo's arms bridal style at night made me insanely bashful.

"I'm taking us home so you can rest. I'm also not letting you go to work tomorrow," he declared in an unfamiliar serious tone. I glanced at him curiously. He's never sounded as sincere as he is right now.

His look of concern as he began to walk us home sent chills down my spine. I was supposed to be keeping my distance but here I was, closer to him in a way I never was before. I mentally slapped myself for letting this happen.

Against my better judgment, I found myself being lulled to sleep by the gentle rhythm of his steps and the warmth of his body against me. I gave a final yawn as I drifted off to the sight of Gojo's eyes filled with care.

~~~

I don't know how long I was out for by the time I woke up, it was clear time had passed. I didn't open my eyes even as I awakened, instead snuggling deeper into the blanket that was placed over my body. Something pressed against my back, warming me in a comfortable way. Turning over, I pushed closer to the source of the warmth. It wasn't till a soft chuckle was emitted that I realized just who I was cuddling into.

"Good morning, sweetheart," Gojo whispered raspily. I shot up in surprise, my face burning in embarrassment. No way. My hands covered my face as I tried to collect my thoughts of what the hell was going on. Fingers gently pulled one of my hands away to peer at me, Gojo's stare lighthearted. He wore a small smile that looked so genuine it made me second guess myself.

"Why are you acting so shy? It's just me," he stated with a curious tilt of his head. He apparently didn't realize that he was the reason I was acting like this. His messy white hair and morning voice wasn't helping me in any way. Not even mentioning that he had slept in the same bed I had, evidently spooning me at one point before I had turned to snuggle into his chest.

"Gojo, what are you doing?" I questioned with an incredulous tone. This was only confusing my feelings even further and I'm not able to handle this kind of friendship with him. As much as I would love waking up next to him every morning, I wouldn't want to do it as just friends.

"You passed out on the way home so I laid you down once we got here before joining you so I could make sure you were alright," he explained with a blank face. I shook my head as he didn't understand my question. It didn't matter that he was looking out for me. Why the hell is he doing this to me?

"No. Why are you acting this way with me?" my voice wavered slightly. He frowned at me in confusion. "It's not fair to me, Gojo. I'm tired of this and can't do it anymore." He leaned back to gaze at me.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he shrugged, looking away from me to stare blankly at a corner of the room. My mood was beginning to dampen and shift to irritation.

"You can be such an asshole. Where were you last night before you found me?" I frowned at him. He didn't look at me and I could've sworn my heart broke all over again. My hands came up to tug at my hair in distress, his silence speaking louder than any words.

"You go out so many times to sleep in someone else's bed. Each night a new person as I get home alone to wonder where you went," I choked out, tears brimming in my eyes. He still didn't look at me, his eyes shutting in what looked like pain. "You're fucking hurting me, Gojo."

By the time my tears streamed down my face, I was wrapped up in his arms. I wanted to pull away, I really did, but I didn't. I cried into his shoulder, my traitorous hands resting against his chest. It wasn't until the collar of my shirt was wet that I realized he was crying as well.

"I'm so sorry. So, so sorry," he mumbled into my shoulder. "I didn't want it to be like this. All I wanted was you but I didn't have the courage to take it." His arms pulled me closer and I let him.

My emotions were clashing and I felt distraught between a lack of sleep and being told I was all Gojo wanted. He pulled away first, staring at me with tears in his bright blue eyes.

When he leaned in again I met him halfway as he gently held my face in his hands. He kissed me slowly and delicately, like he was scared to hold me too close but didn't want to let me go. My arms wrapped around his neck, our embrace tightening.

"I love you," Gojo muttered between each kiss and I began to believe him. This was it. No more coming home to wonder whether he would be there or not. No more crying over the lucky person who got him for the night. No more sleeping alone and desperate for him. None of it mattered anymore.