Itadori x Reader

"Itadori!" I shouted happily before crashing into the pink haired boy. We tumbled to the ground in a tangle of arms and legs, my joy only rising at the contact with my best friend. I landed on Itadori's chest before popping right back up to throw my arms around his shoulders.

"Jeez, I didn't even see it was you! I thought I was being attacked," he sighed before a wide smile burst across his face. It was like looking at the sun, warmth spreading through my body at the sight. Itadori's hands wrapped behind my back, tugging me in a closer embrace. It was crazy to think we haven't seen each other in a couple months. I couldn't even recall the last time we were apart that long but each hour felt like hell.

"Have you been good? You've been eating and sleeping right?" he fussed while pulling away to scan my face and down my body. His fingers came up to my jaw to gently touch a spot. "What's this?" I thought a moment before I remembered what he was talking about.

"Oh! I got in a fight with someone and they punched my jaw. It actually looks a lot better now than what it was earlier," I explained, my eyes not tearing away from Itadori's face as his eyebrows furrowed in concern. It felt so right to be in his arms again, his hand pressing against my back and gently caressing my face. It also didn't feel a bit friendly which only sent butterflies in my stomach.

"Who would try to mess up your gorgeous face?" he questioned incredulously as if the mere idea was unthinkable. Heat crept up my neck at his compliment even as the unpleasant memory of the fight flashed across my mind. I leaned away slightly awkwardly, making a movement to stand but Itadori didn't let me go as he adjusted into a sitting position with me in his lap.

"I actually picked the fight," I mumbled, a bit flustered with our continued proximity. He leaned in closer, his chin resting against my collarbone as he looked up at me with those light brown eyes of his. "It wasn't my finest moment."

"Every moment is your finest moment," he smiled at me. God help me now. If he kept this up I might start swooning. As if on cue he took another glance at the bruise before placing a kiss on my jaw gently. Heat exploded across my face as my eyes squeezed closed in reaction. He pulled away chuckling, probably at the panicked look on my face.

"You're too cute," he sighed dreamily. Platonic, platonic, platonic...this is your best friend. Itadori didn't seem to care as his face buried against my neck lovingly. Goosebumps raised across my arms.

"Itadori...are we still friends?" I questioned in a mumble, trying to keep my face casually neutral. His muscles tensed as he pulled away to stare at me in shock as if my question was absolutely ridiculous.

"Of course we are! Nothing's changed in the last few months," he responded matter of factly. I felt like he was misunderstanding my question and my implications. As much as I could try to blame his affectionate behavior on his overall personality, friends just didn't kiss each other's bruises or hold the other in their lap or call each other gorgeous.

"But what if something did change over the last few months," I whispered shyly. His eyes slightly widened as understanding dawned on his expression. He seemed deep in thought but still didn't release me from his hold as he tilted his head to look at me closer.

"No...you're right. Something has changed," he admitted with a small frown. I suddenly became extremely nervous as his hands retreated from my back. A different form of nerves spread in my chest though as his hands cupped my face, pulling me in as Itadori placed a sweet kiss on my lips.

My eyes fluttered closed as I leaned in closer, my fingers sliding into his hair like it was always meant to be there. He pulled away slowly, his stare enough to make me realize I would never feel the same way for this man ever again. We could never go back to being just friends with these strong feelings that possessed me to pull him in for another kiss. This one was just as beautiful and careful as the first. My head spun in a wonderful daze that left me breathless.

"You make me feel like I've always been in love," Itadori whispered in my ear. I chuckled at the cheesy statement but my heart soared all the same. We held each other in a tight embrace that felt unbreakable.

After feeling lonely and abandoned for months, this was a nice change of pace. A part of me had always loved Itadori. That love had only transformed into this new passion, it didn't suddenly spawn over a moment but was always in metamorphosis with each look, each smile and each shared experience.

"You're not going to leave me alone again right?" I mumbled. He pulled me in tighter with a slight chuckle. I felt him sigh against my neck, shivers moving down my spine at the sensation.

"I apparently can't leave you alone without you getting into fights so no, I won't leave you alone again," he reassured, leaving more pecks along my jaw and over my bruise. I laughed lightly, savoring this moment for as long as I could. It was pure bliss and the idea of a romantic future ahead of us sounded absolutely perfect.