Chapter 8 - Slip Into Hell

Start from the beginning

"I know, but I have to at least prepare her for what's coming," Ezra said, as guilt washed over him. "I owe this to her no matter what happens."

"Yes you do," Gia said, taking the strands of Rhia's hair. "I'll cloak her curse, but you need to hurry."

Ezra glared at Gavina, leaning against his black Range Rover in the driveway

Ezra glared at Gavina, leaning against his black Range Rover in the driveway. "You didn't have to follow me here," he grumbled as he packed the back of the car with his camping gear. "That wasn't the point of my visit."

"No, but I want to see Rhia and my sneaky nephew. Sephyr's going to lose it when I tell him I found Cassian," Gavina said, crossing her arms. "And Gia said it's good for me to be around in case you need a buffer against Godiran."

"Yeah I know, but don't be weird and don't tell Sephyr about Cassian unless he wants you to," Ezra said, closing the trunk. "He doesn't want to do his trials. He doesn't want to be a nebulous god, and I don't blame him."

"Alright, I won't say anything, but he should at least tell his father where he is," Gavina said, frowning at the house. "Who's the nosey ghost in the window, anyway?"

Ezra looked over his shoulder and smiled. "That's Belle. She's been keeping me company. She doesn't know who I am, so don't say anything about being a goddess," he said, waving her over. "Belle, this is my sister, Gavina. Gavina, this is Belle."

"It's nice to meet you. I wasn't sure if you could see me," Belle said, smiling as she swirled around his sister. "What is it about your family and seeing dead people?"

Gavina laughed. "It's nice to meet you too, Belle, and I don't know. Guess we're just a family of freaks," she said, patting Ezra on the back. "But I'm glad you've been keeping my big brother company."

"Well, he's a good houseguest, but you better get going before Rhia changes her mind," Belle said, crossing her arms. "Are you staying here while Ezra's away, Gavina?"

"Yes, if you don't mind, but I'm going to pay a visit to our nephew first."

"I don't mind at all!" Belle smiled. "There's plenty of room. I'll make up a bed for you, so it's ready when you come back."

"That's so sweet of you. Thank you," Gavina said, grinning at Ezra. "Let's go! You've got a date, sir."

"Thanks, Belle," Ezra said, opening the car door. "But don't let her boss you around while I'm gone."

"I won't." Belle waved. "Have a lovely time!"

Ezra closed the door and waited for Gavina to get in before he took a deep breath. "Seriously, don't be weird."

"I'm not going to be weird, Sae. Chill out," Gavina said as he drove the short distance across the road to Rhia's house.

"You say that and then –"

"Oh, my stars!" Gavina exclaimed as she pushed the car door open. "Cassian's all grown up!"

"Can you wait until I park the fucking car!" Ezra roared as his sister jumped out of the rolling vehicle screaming their nephew's name for all the gods to hear.