"That's Gen," he answered his sister on the other end of the phone before resting the phone down on my hanging egg chair next to him and pulling his hoodie over his head.

"I'm coming with you," I told him. "I'll drive," I could partially feel the anger rolling off him in waves. He was in no condition to drive. I grabbed my keys off the nightstand and handed them to him. "Get the car started."

He looked like he wanted to argue, but he held his tongue and simply nodded, picked up his phone, and headed out the door without a word. I snatched up the black leggings and oversized knitted sweater I was wearing earlier off the floor and quickly got changed before slipping my feet into my Uggs and rushing out the door.

Brooks was already sitting in the passenger seat of my car when I arrived outside. I quickly locked the front door, then I speed-walked down the driveway toward my car. Opening the door I climbed in, closing the door behind me.

My eyes flitted to Brooks, who still had the phone pressed to his ear as he anxiously tapped his fingers on the dashboard.

I've never seen him look this angry before.
I wanted to tell him that it'll be okay and offer some kind of reassurance, but I knew it wouldn't help at the moment.

So I simply grasp his hand in mine, giving it a quick squeeze before releasing it and reversing out of the driveway.

Ten minutes later, I parked my car in a spot two houses down from the Alpha Phi house on Greek Row.

"Em, we're here," he informed her, as he opened the passenger door and climbed out, and I did the same.

Glancing at me over the roof of the car, he shook his head. "No, stay here Gen, I'll be right back."

"No, I'm coming with you," I said vehemently, rounding the car and stepping on the cracked sidewalk.

He blew out a frustrated breath. "I don't have time to deal with your stubborn ass," he paused, walking up to me and grabbing my hand. "Come on, let's go."

I followed after him, struggling to keep up with his long strides, I had long legs, but not as long as his. We made up way up the lawn, which was littered with drunk college students. Some recognized Brooks, shouting out his name but he just ignored them as we hurried inside the house.

Dodging people milling out around the entrance we zigzagged through the house, the way Brooks moved through the house shows that he was familiar with the place.

We walked through the crowded living room, which was booming with the music blasting through the speakers. We zipped through the crowd, bypassing the bodies crushed together, and continued until we reached the stairs that took us to the second floor.

"Em, I'm on the second floor which room are you in?" I trailed after Brooks and just as we were in the middle of the long hallway a door opened and a tall, dark-haired girl stepped outside. She was like the female version of Brooks, with her jet-black hair and icy blue eyes.

She lifted her face, and her already red-rimmed began to water as her gaze connected with his, and she dashed forward straight into his arms.

"Thank God, you're here," she whispered shakily as Brooks wrapped his arms around her, pressing a kiss against the top of her head.

They stayed like that for a moment before her gaze landed on me standing off to the side of Brooks. She blinked, realizing there weren't alone.

"Oh, I didn't see you standing there. You must Gen?" She stepped away from her brother, wiping the wetness from her eyes as she attempted to smile. "I'm sorry you had to meet me like this."