EPILOGUE

HOLDEN KINCAIDE 

PRESENT TIME

One thousand, eight hundred and twenty-five days.

5 years. 

5 years since I pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Lillian Kincaide, my mother. 

5 years behind bars. 

5 years without being able to touch Scarlett. I've seen her, but I can't touch her. 

Whilst 5 years is undoubtedly a long time, it's a lot less time than the 15 years originally proposed. Although, with the evidence of my abuse littering my skin, and witness testimonies, not only was I able to talk my sentence down, but I was also able to talk Wyatt's up. 

Exposing Wyatt was 23 years of weight lifted off my shoulders. I was finally free of him and everything he held against me. Wyatt was anything but free. His freedom went out the window at his new sentence. Life without parole. 

Whilst he had his life taken from me, today, I was getting mine back. 

"You okay, kid?" I turned my focus away from the double doors, latching them onto a smiling Martha as she stood behind a glass panel, her hand hovering over a button. That button opened the doors in front of me. 

That button was my freedom. 

My arms rested down by my sides, my hands gripping my favourite pair of jeans that sat a little loose around my hips. Just yesterday I was in my orange jumpsuit and today I was in the clothes I'd come here in after the verdict.

Martha had transferred to the men's prison around the same time as my sentence, giving me 5 years to create a bond with the woman who took care of my girl. I had even created a bond with her family when they came to visit her. 

"I guess I'm a little nervous" I finally replied running a hand through my hair that had grown significantly. I rubbed my hand over my face before scratching at my jaw through the thin beard I had been able to control before it got out of hand. 

"You scared she's not gonna be there?" I didn't have to reply, Martha knew me. She knew Scarlett not showing up was my biggest fear. I only get one visitation a month and this month Eros, Schmidt and Dean came, so it's been 2 months since I've seen or heard from Scarlett. What if she decided in that time I wasn't worth it anymore? What if she found someone better?

"There's only one way to find out, you know honey" Martha stated, hand closing in on the release button. I took a step towards the double doors. 

"You gonna miss seeing me everyday?" I asked, a smile on my face as I looked over to where Martha stood, smiling widely. 

"Everyday" She repeated, my smile spreading wider along with hers. 

"You know, I've never had to guard a couple" I laughed, looking back towards the doors and up at the clock above it. 20 seconds. 20 seconds till I'm a free man. 

"Who was the better prisoner?" I asked, Martha scoffing, not even having to think up the answer. 

"You. Scarlett was a nightmare. That girl didn't start shit but she certainly ended it" I smiled, feeling my heart beat get faster at her name being said aloud. 

"That's my girl" I mumbled, watching the second tick away. 10 seconds. 

"You are coming to dinner this weekend, right?" I looked back over at Martha for my last few seconds. 

"I wouldn't miss it. We'll be there" Just as I'd muttered my last word a loud buzzer went off. My 10 seconds were done. I continued to watch Martha as her smile grew soft. 

"I'll see you, kid" Then she pressed the button, another loud buzz going off before the doors slowly opened. The press had been given the wrong date of my release so when the doors opened and I finally saw outside of the prison for the first time in 5 years, there was no one blocking my way. 

No one blocking my way from seeing my gorgeous woman leaning against her red convertible.

There was no bar, no glass, nothing dividing us this time. 

I took a few steps out of the building, breathing in the fresh air as heat touched my skin. And then she looked up. 

From across the parking lot I managed to hear her tiny squeal, my smile spreading so fucking wide my cheeks hurt the second she pushed herself off her car and started running in my direction. I jogged a couple steps, dropping my plastic bag with my belongings, stopping right before she got to me, opening my arms as she jumped up and into them. 

Her legs wrapped around my waist, hands immediately cupping my face as she pressed her lips flush against mine. I groaned against her mouth, squeezing her thighs as I held her up against me finding it hard to believe I was finally touching her. I slid my arms around her waist, hugging her tight against my chest, her mouth glued to mine as I walked us over to Scarlett's Dad's car. I kept walking until Scarlett's butt hit the top of the drivers door. 

I took a step back, letting go with one hand to open the door before stepping into the space. I leant down, Scarlett unravelling her legs from my waist as I placed her in the drivers seat. She went to pull away when I grabbed a hold of her face, connecting our mouths harder before they disconnected. Scarlett's tongue brushed against mine as she deepened the kiss. Fuck,  didn't want to get hard in the prison parking lot. 

I pulled back from her mouth, attaching my mouth to her neck as I landed a few pecks to her sensitive skin before placing a long one on her bare shoulder, resting my nose against her skin. "Hi gorgeous."

I pulled back, my nose brushing Scarlett's as she smiled, her eyes locked with mine. She brought her hand up, running it over my beard. "Hey Handsome." 

I turned my head, placing a kiss against the palm of her hand, unable to tear my eyes away from her warm brown ones. I leant forward, capturing Scarlett's mouth in a soft kiss. 

"You waited for me" I mumbled against her lips, resting my hand on her thigh. Scarlett shrugged, placing her hand over mine. 

"Not like I had a choice. All the shit from your storage shed is in my apartment. I need you to get it and finally free me of you" I kissed my way down to her neck before biting at her skin, light enough it didn't hurt, but hard enough she gasped in my ear. 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Now come on, we've got pretty much 20 years apart to catch up on" 

THE FUCKING END

Hope ya'll enjoyed my book. If not, boo fucking hoo. 

So I've been thinking...maybe I should've called this story 5 years. Kinda makes more sense. 

Anyways, 

I just wanted to thank everyone for reading, commenting and voting. The support means EVERYTHING to me, I literally could not be more blessed so thanks all of you beautiful people. 

I apologise if the ending seemed rushed, I kind of just needed to actually end the story and it sort of just felt right. 

If you'd all also like to know if I decide to write a story on any of the guys I'll post it in the comments of my page. If I did, who would you want to read about first? Schmidt? Dean? Or Eros? 

If you are thinking of writing you own stories, DO IT! Don't let anything or anyone hold you back. It's so much fun and so rewarding getting your work out and having people love it. Have fair in yourself and shoot for the stars. 

Anywho...

Nigh Nights lovie dovies and thank you again for everything x <3

NOW GO AND READ 'NEGLECTED' MY NEW STORY!!!

-Vicky