CHAPTER 11

SCARLETT VALENTINE 

PRESENT TIME

Eros held me tightly to his chest, one arm wrapped around my waist, his other large hand swallowing my inner thigh as he gripped it, keeping me down and still on his lap. He kept unintentionally tapping his index finger against my thigh, in time to the music playing from Holden's cars speakers. My back was pressed against his chest allowing me to feel his heartbeat. He was calm, his heart beating slowly. 

With a small tug on my hair I turned my head, looking at Eros who sat with a small smirk on his face as he stared at me. Even though I was on his lap he was still so tall and so big that his head was still sat a couple inches higher than mine. It was only then I noticed his arm sliding back around my waist. 

"When'd you get the tats?" Eros mumbled, his mouth right against my ear, allowing me to actually hear him over the music. I looked down at my arms, a few tattoos littering them. 

A red Chinese dragon symbolizing strength.  

Roman numerals representing the date of my families death. 

A few butterflies on my wrist and up my arm a little, them being Abby's favourite. 

A love heart that represented my families last name; Valentine. 

Medusa, survival.

A semi colon, survival. 

"You can get them for free in prison" I replied, Eros grinning as he nodded, glancing down at my tattoos before back up to my face.

"Really? I might have to investigate for myself" I smiled, turning back to face the front. Glancing at Holden his hands were wrapped tightly around the wheel, eyes set in a hard glare at the road in front of him. I turned back to Eros. 

"What do you do?"

"As in for work?" I nodded. 

"You know formula 1?" My eyes bulged out of my head as I stared at Eros. Do I know formula 1? It's only the highest class of international racing. 

"Yeah, well I don't do that. Very similar, but not to that extreme" He may not be formula 1 but I was still impressed. 

"So you're a race car driver?" I asked, Eros nodding his head once, pressing his forehead to my shoulder before leaning back again. 

"That's really fucking cool" Eros grinned, amused by my excitement towards his career choice. 

"You think? I'll have to take your for a joyride one night" Eros stated, Holden slamming his breaks a little too hard as I crashed into the passenger seat. Holden sat unfazed. He did that on purpose. What a dick. 

"Cat" Holden stated bluntly, excusing his own actions before continuing on driving toward the strip club. Dean was diving him directions the whole way, Holden having no clue which way to go as he never accompanied the guys. 

"He misses you" Eros whispered in my ear, my head turning slightly so I could glance at him, a deep frown upon my face at is words. 

"Pardon?" Eros nodded his head forward, eyes leaving mine and resting on Holden. I looked forward staring at him as he drove silently, looking almost nervous to be going where we were. What was his deal? Uncomfortable with going to a strip club. Uncomfortable with human touch. Anxiety ridden but doesn't show it in the slightest. I'm so confused.  

"He'll never admit it to you, he can't even admit it to himself. But your absence really took its toll on him" Eros stated, my hands connecting in my lap. My eyebrows creased as I shook my head .