9

LIAM

"My assistant is handling all the work so you don't
have to worry, it will all be done, okay?" he smiles at me from across the table.

We are having a 'family' dinner.

"Okay, but I'm still worried. I'm left in the shadows
and I don't like it. What about the nanny, why is she here? If I'm about to be your house-husband or whatever I can take care of our daughter"

"I meant it well, you've been taking care of her for
years, maybe you need a break."

"Break? You are saying it like she is a burden. Liza, baby, I don't see you like that." I smile at her.

"Of course not, but maybe you want to have time for yourself. Get a massage, hm? Nothing like that"

"I don't have money for that." I say.

"I know, I will get your debit card soon. Don't worry about the money."

"But"

"Please, Liam, I can provide for you. It's okay. So?" he looks at the clock, "kind of late, but we can watch a movie together, right?"

"If you stop arguing" Liza pouts. We both look at her.

+++

We end up watching a Disney movie that Zayn couldn't care less about. It's so obvious. He is looking at his phone thinking I don't see it.

Liza is sitting in the middle, but I lean over her and snatch his phone.

"Watch it, you addict."

"Give it back"

"Why? Quality time with your daughter"

He sighs. "I know, I like it but it's about important
things"

"Nothing more important than your family. Unless
you are saying we are not your family?"

He frowns. "Of course you are. Just" he gets up and walks to me. He grabs me by the waist and I yelp. He puts his phone in his back pocket and lifts me up.

"Let me down, now!"

Liza giggles at that.

"Zayn, I'll slap you." I threaten.

"As you wish, Jaan" He sits down and drops me on his
lap.

"Wait, not in front of her" I whine and try to get away.

"Huh? Why do you have a dirty mind, Lee? I wasn't going to do anything, just cuddle, but you clearly want more. Do you want a kiss?" he looks at me.

"Last time we kissed, we had a child." I slap his arm and he laughs.

"I don't know if it's true, but it's funny. Fine, if you don't want me then go. Liz, you want to sit on Baba's lap."

"Yeah" I get off and she sits on Zayn's lap. He kissed her on her head and then gives me a side eye.

"Those who want my love, will receive it. Those who don't, can sit in the corner and cry alone." He points at the couch.

"Great, because that's what I wanted anyway." I sit down. Why is my heart beating so fast? My mind shifted to us being together.

He used to hold me like this all the time. Kiss me until my lips were swollen. Why did I not say no but instead worried about someone seeing us? I must be really delusional.

"Just so you know, I'm handling your life. You will get your flat and job settled, Liz will have the best doctors and a prestigious school. Everything will make sense soon. I care about you, but you only want to see the
worst in me."